Sunday, October 26, 2008

One Week To Go

One more week until the taper begins. I remember when I decided to run the marathon the training seemed so scary with the 20 and 22 mile runs ahead of me. I could not picture myself running these distances and didn't really believe it would actually happen. Geez, I was so proud of myself when I finished my first 14 mile run!! Look where I'm at now...I've conquered several 20 milers and can actually say I'm looking forward to my 22 mile run this Saturday. The training has really made me realize that I love the long runs. I have all intentions of keeping up with them after the marathon, but maybe not to this intensity and frequency so I have some sort of social life.

LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!

4 comments:

joyRuN said...

I'm still afraid of my long runs - after the 14-mile mark, it's all anxiety from there.

Good luck & have fun on your 22 miles!

Unknown said...

I'm always a little intimidated when I start marathon training. But always gets better once I start to realize again that the distance is not that bad it's just your mind not wanting you to push your body that long.

Jeanette said...

Running 22 miles doesn't sound that much fun...but the tapering I could handle :)

Marci said...

Woo Hoo!! Lets go Phillies! Its going to be fun! Enjoy the taper!