I just got home from my 20 mile run and I'm enjoying a nice 24 ounce cup of Wawa coffee. (Note: for those of you reading my blog, I made it 2 days in a row without my afternoon fix!) Anyway, run today was GREAT!! There was a big group of us who set off for the 20 miles, but I ended up running with just Dave (incredible runner!). He shared some great advice for race day and tips for the taper. One of them being to hide all sharp objects and to warn Andy ahead of time of the mood swings. :-) I was feeling really down this week prior to this run, but today really perked me up. We ran the entire 20 miles without stopping, which was great practice because I don't plan on stopping for water or food the day of the race. We also ran the second half at just about marathon pace so I'm feeling really confident about the race right about now. Total run time today was 3:03. That's 8 minutes faster than my first 20 mile run!
And to quote Dave today..."Runners are a strange breed and non runners just don't get us."
2 comments:
Are you saying that you plan to not drink throughout your race? Please tell that's not true!
No, no...not saying that!!! I just don't plan on stopping for water. I'll be grabbing it on the go!
Post a Comment