Why do I always need some sort of challenge for myself? This morning I found myself looking at detox diets, cleansing, etc. This on top of reading about eating raw lately. I came to the conclusion that neither of those options were for me so I started trying to think of some other challenge I could do. Apparently training for an Ultra isn't enough. I was thinking of eliminating processed foods, but I don't really eat any to begin with. Then I thought about counting calories, counting Weight Watchers points, etc. Then it hit me...why are all the challenges food related? Why can't I let go of this obsessiveness? So, I decided that I'm going to try to turn this around and make a little challenge for next week that isn't food related. Instead, I'm going to study for at least a half hour every day no matter what. I intend to do more when I have time, but at the very least, I'll get a solid half hour in. I've been struggling to get back on track with the studying since we moved, so hopefully this is the kick in the azz I need.
I had a big jump in mileage this week and will be running 49 miles. This is actually more than I ran when training for the Philly marathon. So far the week has been going well and I'm feeling good. I'll see my first rest day after 12 consecutive days of running on Sunday, which couldn't come at a better time. We're heading to the Dogfish Head Brewery this weekend for some warm weather and cocktails so I'll be able to have some fun on Saturday knowing I'm not running the following morning.
The back to back long runs have started. Last week I had a 16 followed by a 7, which wasn't bad at all. Here's my schedule for this week:
Mon - 6
Tues - 4
Wed - 7
Thurs - 4
Fri - 15
Sat - 13
Sun - off
19 comments:
Wow really a 1-2 punch with the Fri/Sat huh? Good luck!
That schedule looks pretty grueling, but you can do it! Friday/Saturday will be tuogh for sure, but your day off on Sunday will be a great reward!
Wow that is quite a work out :) I am working on trying to get up to 7 miles a week. I guess I am a long way away from marathon level.
http://ehaggins.blogspot.com
That looks really tough, props to you!!! Have a GREAT time on Saturday you more than deserve it!
Tough training...good job!! Will be interested to hear your new challenge. I am a bit obsessive and always goal setting and challenging myself.
I love back to back long runs, they really help stamina IMO
Fri/Sat looks TOUGH! Have fun!!
I like the new direction of the challenges...
Schedule looks intense - you're going to be on fire by the time July 17 comes around!
love it! I too always need a good challenge!
I like that your challenge is to challenge yourself to a new challenge. . . what? Good luck studying!
WOW don't kill yourself.
ohhh look at that schedule - totally intrigues me :)
i'll be interested to see how your body adapts to the mileage!
Good luck with the studying!
Wow.. you sure have a full plate with the running. That is a lot of mileage. Keep up the good work.
I just found your blog. Great job!
Wow...just wow! I'm struggling to maintain 30 mpw. My knees would be screaming at me if I had to do back-to-back teens. I'm sure you're ready for that rest day.
hmm why do you think all your challenges are food related? myabe it just needs to be a focus on learning more about different fruits/veggies and ways of eating? rather than stopping eating something
That is some major mileage! Good luck Fri/sat!
Good luck with your high mileage! I think it's great that you like to challenge yourself, and that you're looking for alternative ways other than food related.
Post a Comment