Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's Your Favorite Blog?

I follow quite a few blogs which I love...and am slightly addicted to!! But honestly, it can be a little overwhelming to keep up at times. More than once I stumbled upon one that I really liked and wanted to go back and read through from the beginning, but I stopped myself just so I didn't add another one to my list. Because of this, I'm sure I'm missing out on a ton of great blogs out there.

So I was wondering, of all the blogs you follow, what is one of your (many) favorites? Now, don't all go listing mine, that would just be silly! ;-) And it doesn't have to be running or food related either, I'm just curious to see what fun blogs I'm missing out there. If there's an overwhelming majority for one particular blog, I'll be sure to let that person know how much they are loved.

I really wish I had all the time in the world to just read blogs and comment because I have seriously learned so much since I started blogging. I mean, I'm sprouting my own food these days, making banana soft serve, fermenting oat groats, making almond butter...all because of blogging. More about the fermented oats later, if anyone even cares....

28 comments:

FLYERS26 said...

All of the running blogs I read, I enjoy. I take something away from just about every post.
I have the ones I follow listed on my blog page, so I can't say that I have a true favorite.

Chic Runner said...

I love a lot too, but I do love ozrunner, runnerdude, and runnersrambles a lot. I also really like a few midwestern girls blogs like blueeyedbride and mojitomaven :) good luck! I feel the same way you do. I always get sucked in.

N.D. said...

I want to hear about the oats!

I don't know which is my favorite, I just like jumping around and have gotten more into food blogs lately!

Tyly said...

I enjoy chicrunner, blueyedbride, mojitomaven, mrsnewlywed, marrying, marathoning and milestones, and many more. Oh yeah -- graduatemeghann and her sister kelly @ beneath it all. I read too many blogs!!! I'm subscribed to over 60...

Unknown said...

I really enjoy www.aduckinherpond.com. I love the pure joy she takes in her writing.

Bruce said...

Well if I cannt list yours I just dont see any reasont to comment. But there are others I do read regularly. I am pretty sure you follow Mel of 2nd chances

http://www.girl-in-motion.com/ Is one of the first blogs I started to follow.
I also like http://twentysixpointtwoormore.blogspot.com/

Also like this one http://50marathonchallenge.blogspot.com/ Following her journey thru race after race. Can you tell I like blogs too?

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

a fave would be HARD!

Anonymous said...

I just started highlighting my favorite blogs today!! Today's highlight was redheadrunning. I am going to highlight one each week for the next fourteen weeks :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I also enjoy different blogs for different reasons but if the writing is positive and motivating, I'll stick with it.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I guess you need the links but I am too tired:

Marlene's Mission to Marathon
Aron's Runner Rambles
Amanda's Run To Finish
Mel Tries to Run
and on and on...Love them ALL

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Also love
Mel 2nd Chances
Fairweather Runner

Mostly running blogs...I have a hard time focussing on the endless photos of food.

montisse98 said...

Almond butter...mmmm. I buy mine in raw, unsweetened form and then I mix just a tad of acacia honey in and eat it on apple wedges -deeelish!

Boris T said...

I read many on diverse range of topics. Everything from running, triathlons, photography, surfing, kettlebells to general weight training.

Unknown said...

I can't get into the food blogs, but I love running blogs..too many to list. I'll see a comment by someone I don't recognize, link to their blog....it's a vicious cycle:) Sometimes it does get VERY overwhelming and you do have to skim and sometimes skip commenting, but the blogging world is so valuable for the support and knowledge out there. I'll mix things up and list one of my absolute favorite blogs, it's a dog blog and I always look forward to it: http://www.ohmidog.com/

X-Country2 said...

I read a ton of running blogs (all so good!), but http://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/
is a good one about celebrity sizes and shapes.

Unknown said...

Like you, there are tons of terrific blogs out there. To name a few that I would recommend...

www.runblogger.com
2nd Chance
Running Down a Dream

Norma said...

I check The Blog of Unnecessary Quotation Marks, Cake Wrecks and ATL Malcontent every day.

Thomas Tan said...

Beyond Fatigue, Pain and ACTN3 (http://lifekeepsonrunning.blogspot.com) [shameless promo] :)

Seriously, I follow two blogs religiously: RunnerDude and iRunFar. They have the best up-to-dated info and insights.

I "browse" through too many other blogs.

Yours and Chic Runner are growing on me:)

Marlene said...

Oh man, tough question. I love sooo many blogs and like you, I wish I could find the time to read MORE! It's hard enough to keep track sometimes.

Check out www.priorfatgirl.com and www.feedmeimcranky.com - they're health/food blogs that I recently started reading and LOVE!

Katie said...

My favorite blog of all time has nothing to do with running.... but www.thepioneerwoman.com is A M A Z I N G!

Sarah said...

I love this topic. I love blogs, but I need mindless nothing too! Cake Wrecks, Cute Overload, Look at this fucking hipster, texts from last night, and STFU Parents. All great and funny!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

My RSS feeder grows each day. I've come across some really great ones and yep, hard to keep up sometimes. I think coming up with a fav is super difficult, cuz the support, encouragement, and experience from everyone is so valued -- I love 'em all, but Runner Leana has been a huge source of info as I get more into triathlons

Katie A. said...

Of course your's rocks, and it is one of my favs! :)
But I have sooo many! Some I comment on because I read them all the time, and others I lurk at because I don't visit often enough.
My favs right now are:
runnersrambles
simmonsfamilygrows
just another day in paradise
chic runner
frayed laces
cross country squared
They are mostly all running, with a few tri and food blogs thrown in. Happy Thursday! :)

Susan said...

Is it bad that I just read through all the comments hoping to find my blog on someone's list?? haha.

My favorites include:

runners rambles
chasrunner
ghost world
micapie
army, alaska, life
cross country squared
trials of training
the running laminator

and manyyyy more that i'm not listing! my google reader grows on a weekly basis

RunningLaur said...

Oh, 2 of my favs aren't commented on yet! I actually read most of their archive posts when I first started reading blogs:

Laura at absolutlyfit.
Jess at 21 days.

Ultradawg said...

Has to be Dirt Diva at www.trailgirl.blogspot.com

KT said...

MGoBlog (www.mgoblog.com) and Wolverine Liberation Army (http://www.wolverineliberationarmy.blogspot.com) are definitely my favorites.

joyRuN said...

I'm very curious about these fermented oats thing - what/why/how?

I can't pinpoint a fave blog - my GR is outta control :)