It turned out that a bunch of you were also interested in dropping some pounds. This is the list I have so far:
365Runs
Liz
Jeanette
Amanda (maybe...)
Hoodie
Marlene
Natalie
Now, I'm not the best with competitions but if people are interested in being held accountable, let's do this!! I'm going to see if I can get a company to sponsor a give away to the winner, too. If we make Tuesday our official weigh in day, I can report the pounds loss (so no one needs to say their weight) on Wednesdays and keep track of how everyone is doing. Even though I already started, I think whoever is interested should start this second. They say putting off starting just a day or two can add on extra pounds to lose because we feel like we need to binge while we can.
To sum it up:
- Email me at dclaffey76@yahoo.com on Tuesdays with your pounds loss (from this point on!!). If you want me to keep track of your starting weight, too, that's fine. I won't share that information with the world.
- I'll post the results on Wednesdays
- Last weigh in will be 27-Oct-2009
http://www.fitday.com/
http://www.thedailyplate.com/
http://www.peertrainer.com/
And here is a site Natalie recommended which I need to check out myself.
http://www.eatcleandiet.com/
It's not too late to join us!! Just post a comment and I'll include you.
11 comments:
Oh my gosh. I am so in. I am doing a different weight loss challenge with friends and family, but I would love to alos be a part of yours. Count me in. :)
Is it actual lbs lost that we are tracking? or % of weight lost...I'm pretty sure I would lose if it's just straight lbs
good luck with the challenge!! ;)
I am interested in joining too! I don't have too much left to lose, thanks to your blog. It really inspires me to lace up my shoes on days I don't wanna go! You should check into the Abs Diet, published by Men's Health. I find that as a runner, its really reasonable and satisfying!
Awesome! Thank you.
I am definitely going to start an online tracker. I really have no idea how many calories I am eating, which is NOT good.
OK, I'll join too. I actually weighed myself and tracked yesterday.
I'll join! I've been trying to lose 5-10 pounds and have been slacking. Hopefully this will kick me into gear! Thanks!
I will join too. I talk the talk, but I need to walk the walk. I have been nothing but a vacuum lately, and I have a 15 mile race in about 2 weeks. Definitely don't need any extra pounds to slow me down!
Definitely check out the Eat Clean Diet link...it's a no-brainer (basically, eat lean protein, fresh, whole foods, whole grains, vegetables & fruit) but she has a lot of information about timing your food intake around your workouts and what foods to combine, etc.
I'm in...need to lose this baby weight and do something to keep me motivated....
Is it too late to join? I need some competition/motivation...
Post a Comment