We're in the midst of a heat wave right now, with temperatures in the 90's. Knowing it would suck to run in the heat after work, I pulled myself out of bed this morning to get it out of the way. I started off with some Tae Bo since it was still so dark out. After I finished that up, I went for a 4 miler. I didn't struggle nearly as much as when I head straight out. Warming up with some cardio really helped. I've been feeling great all day knowing that I have a whole evening to myself. Too bad I need to go home and spend it cleaning. The in-laws come this week for a visit so we have lots to do to get ready.
We got all the stuff we need to start P90X and we've been reading through the information guide, etc. Andy is really on board and interested in making a big commitment not only to the workout but to the nutrition aspect as well. So last night we did a lot of calorie/protein/carb counting. Got me thinking that maybe this is what I need to do to see where I'm at and why I'm not losing any weight (although I secretly know the reason...I fall off the wagon on the weekend). I'm not a fan of counting calories, though. Since I eat the same thing every day, I'm not sure what the point is. However, if I counted my calories over the weekend, I'm sure it'd be the kick in the ass I needed.
I was anywhere from 7-10 lbs lighter last November when I ran Philly marathon and I want to get back there. So, my weight loss journey is officially starting today. I keep talking and talking about how I need to lose it but I'm not holding myself accountable and really trying. This blog has held me to training schedules and now it's going to hold me to reaching my goal weight. Since I didn't weigh myself this morning for fear of what the scale would say, I'll make tomorrow my official weigh in day. Each week I'm going to report how much I lost. Oh, and I guess I need a target date, hunh? Um...the end of October. Hopefully I can get there much sooner but I know I need to be healthy about this.
If anyone wants to join me, email me!! If there are a lot of people interested, maybe we can make a little friendly competition out of it.
Here's my schedule for the week:
Mon - 4 mi
Tues - 5 mi
Wed - 3 mi
Thurs - 5 mi
Fri - 3 mi
Sat - 14 mi
Sun - Off
21 comments:
I would love a little competion! I need a swift kick in the hiney! I just need to see what the dr. says today about my bum hip - hopefully I will get the green light to run, otherwise if I can't run, the scale might go in the opposite direction we are aiming for! HA! Happy Monday, I'll let you know! :)
fitday.com, I find, is a helpful way to keep a food/exercise journal and count cals in/out.
Photos from my last race were posted today, and that made me realize that my hips are super big right now, even for me. I'll be on the weight loss band wagon, but probably not competition - just support!
I just want to fit into my summer shorts before it's not summer anymore!
I've been using dailyplate.com to track calories - it's been very enlightening.
I count calories during the week but come weekend and long run time I don't bother... I figure if I splurge oh well... I earned it. I hear great things about the dailyplate.com and I actually go there to research the food I monitor during the week... but I keep it all on a self made excel spreadsheet. You'll get there now that you've made the conscious effort to do it! Get it girl!
Looks like a great week of running coming up! Good luck on the weight loss. I read a recent report that said for every lb lost you can run 2 secd per mile faster.
Oh, I'm sooo with you on the weekend trouble. It drives me crazy because I feel so great and eat reasonable well on the weekday and blow it, weekend after weekend. Count me in for competition.
OK, count me in too!!
Count me in too!!! And you know I'm competitive!
I give myself one cheat day per week where I eat whatever I want. So far its worked great! I've lost 14 pounds and my running is a lot faster! I use fitday.com. It does the calorie counting for you, and breaks down the food you eat into fats, carbs, and protein to show how nutritous the food actually is.
Just a heads up as a runner that has done P90X before.... It is very difficult to do P90x and maintain a decent amount of miles per week. It is an awesome program though and can make a big difference. The only issue is you may have trouble if you want to maintain or increase your current miles.
i'm not much for counting calories either, but i bet if i did, i'd be surprised... sigh, gotta get on that. Let me know how you like the P90X, i was thinking of starting that later in the fall once all the triathlons are done :)
yeahh...i've been saying I wanted those 4 pack abs for a few years now but haven't forced myself to stick to anything that would get me there...hmm I might be up for a group challenge
Good luck. Take care of yourself. :o)
I'm in for a little competition :o)
I've done the p90x leg workout during a training period and it set me back a week in recovery.
PLEASE count me in!! I've also been talking about it for far too long and not taking action/sticking to it. I'd really like to lose a few before my marathon (6 weeks) and 10 lbs by Christmas.
i've been counting calories this marathon cycle just to make sure i am getting enough! on days i run 10-12 miles i find i am not getting enough calories to refuel it... the daily plate has been very helpful with that. i also make sure i am not overcompensating and eating the world :) haha
Good luck with the weight loss. Looks like a great training week.
Good luck with the weight loss. I know if I could get motivated and lose 10 to 20 pounds might make world of differentce in my running.
I'm doing the same! I'll join you. I'm doing the eat-clean diet someone told me about. I eat pretty "clean" already but taking out all processed foods and making sure I combine the right things for each meal. It's eat-clean diet.com
I'd like to hear about the P90X experiences too.. Of course, I just picked up the 30 day shred disc, but haven't put it in the DVD player yet.
I applaud everyone doing the weight loss challenge.. I'm not going to man up to do it.. my weakness is the bottle. lol
Post a Comment