Today was going to be an off day and when I woke up to rain and a cool breeze, I really wanted to sleep a little longer. But I ended up dragging myself out of bed and going for a walk instead. It was raining and dark out but it was such a peaceful walk. I haven't gone for a walk in so long and it felt really good to just walk. It's really weird but when I started walking, I felt so healthy and happy. Seriously, I can't even explain it but I just felt so good. Maybe that was the moment I needed to get back into the swing of things and feeling fresh again. I didn't pass a person or a car during the whole walk...it was just me out there in the rain and a PERFECT way to start the day. When I got home I did the P90X ab ripper X work out. I've done this 3 times this week and all I can say is ouch. This is some workout! I can't sit myself up in bed without gripping onto the sheets for leverage or sneeze without wincing, but it's the good pain. The pain where you can tell it's working. Come on 6 pack!!
Tomorrow I'm running the Relay For Life 5k, which benefits the American Cancer Society. After my slow poke Ultra training, I'm not sure what to expect out of myself for this race. The cut back seemed to help a little this week and I found that it was easier to run a little faster when I'm not paying attention to my pace/distance. So, we'll see how tomorrow goes. My current 5K PR is 22:35 and I would love, love, love to break the 22 minute mark. I'll give it my all and see how it goes.
19 comments:
Good luck with your race!!
A walk! What a nice way to start the day.
Good luck at the 5K! Burn it up.
Good luck at the 5K! and I'm glad the rainy walked helped you out!
22 minutes?!?!? I seem to remember someone running a 5K in 33 minutes not too long ago :)
Go get 'em speed demon!
Good luck on the 5K, you'll rock 22.
sounds like a v peaceful walk. good luck 2m! our prs are so similar!
Wow- 22 mins!! I almost killed myself breaking 30! Good luck and have fun :)
Sometimes it is just such a treat to walk. Glad you enjoyed it.
Good luck with the 5k -- I'm sending some sub-22 vibes your way!
Good luck with your 5k...I have my first triathlon...I am just hoping I don't drown.
Good luck in your race tomorrow! You'll break 22 minutes, I just know it!
I actually ran for 14 MINUTES STRAIGHT yesterday UPHILL! Thought you'd like to know that...
Ronnie
Good luck on your 5k!
I have done a Relay for Life before, and it is such an awesome experience.
I love that feeling during exercise - when everything just clicks and you feel, just, "right". GOOD LUCK with your race tomorrow!! Hope you slaughter your PR!
Mmmm... a rainy walk sounds lovely right now :)
Good luck at your 5K!
ood luck!!
Enjoy your race today, glad you're feeling better!
ohh good luck with breaking the PR, either way hope you just have fun!
I walk in the morning also. And just like you said, there's something peaceful when I do it.
But when I don't I have a guilt filling for the first part of my day.
I also begin doing strength training some morning but overall, I feel great in the morning and have plenty of energy.
Love your posting
22 min PR is unbelievable! Good luck on your 5K.... and with that ab ripper! That thing does not even mess around... it is a serious 6-pack making machine!
Post a Comment