Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rules

First off, I already got one company to offer up a prize for the winner of the Weight Loss Competition. I'm not going to say who it is, but I will say I've tried it before and loved it. I'm going to try to work my magic a little more to see what else I can get.

We also have more people who are interested in joining the fun!!
Janice
Lo
Tammy
Katelyn
TammyRuns

Plus the people I listed yesterday...(365Runs, Liz, Jeanette, Amanda, Hoodie, Marlene, and Natalie).

Now, to keep it fair I think we should report our total percentage lost. This will take into account those who don't have as much to lose as some other people. To calculate the percentage lost:

((Starting weight - current weight) / Starting weight) * 100

For example, if your starting weight was 100 lbs and you lost 1 lb:
((100 - 99)/100)* 100 = 1%

RULES:
  • Every Tuesday email me (dclaffey76@yahoo.com) your total percentage lost. You do not need to send me your weight.
  • I will report results on Wednesday.
  • Contest will go until Oct 27, 2009 (which happens to be my birthday!!).
  • Everyone has to be honest!!!
  • You have to report in each week, even if you had a slight set back and gained a little. Which I'm sure will happen to all of us!!

So, I'll be expecting to hear from everyone on Tuesday!! Good luck!!

Oh, and my running...it's been going pretty well. I got up early to run each day this week to beat the heat but today, there was just no escaping the humidity. I really felt it and was soaking wet when I was done. All I have left for the week is a 3 miler tomorrow then 14 miles on Saturday. Each week my long run has been increasing since the Ultra recovery and I love it. Can't wait till I'm back up to my 20 milers!!

12 comments:

Coll76 said...

In!

Felice Devine said...

Sounds like a great challenge -- good luck to everyone!

I would be in but I swore off the scale (had gotten obsessive) and I just can't go back.

Marlene said...

Sounds fair to me. Thanks for organizing this! I've started tracking my intake on Fitday.com so I can monitor just how much and WHAT I am eating.

Boo humidity. I am so done with it.

Unknown said...

Great job on getting a sponsor! Losing weight in the CF community is frowned upon by doctors, otherwise I'd join you :)

Ronnie

Laura said...

I'm in. Another challenge for me to be accountable in/to.

Tammy said...

Yay! A sponsor!

Stacey said...

I'm in too! Sounds fun!

Katie A. said...

Good luck to everyone. But I am going to pass and be a cheerleader instead! Can't log high miles right now, and know I can't step on the scale or I will freak out! Good job everyone! :)

Aron said...

very awesome challenge :) yayyyy for the great running too!!

Katie said...

I am so impressed!! A sponsor?! Good luck to everyone... I'll be wearing my "TEAM (Fill in the blank)" after a couple of weeks! haha!

RunToTheFinish said...

cool I am going to overeat all weekend, so that I have a higher weight on tuesday :P

Erin Conley said...

I'm in too! I want to lose at least 10 lbs. Thanks for offering this --- it's a much needed motivator right now!