I felt pretty defeated after my 16 miler on Saturday. I used to look forward to my long run all week long and the distance never scared me. Ever since the Ultra, I've been struggling on long and short runs. Mentally, I just haven't had it in me. I've been doubting myself and feeling discouraged. On top of it, I've been struggling to lose some weight and just feel down in general about fitness. Worried about the funk I'm in, I talked to Coach Jack and we decided that this should be a cut back week. I haven't really had much of a break all year so with my current situation, this seemed like a good week to just have some fun with running. So instead of heading out for a certain distance at a set pace, I'm running 30-40 minutes a pop. I headed out this morning and ran for 37 minutes. I ended up doing just over 4 miles at 8:58. I didn't look at my pace at all, ran a random route, and it felt really good. I'm going to do this all week to try to take some pressure off of myself and get my mojo back.
I also started P90X yesterday. Because of the running, I'm only doing the lifting portion of the program, which will be about 3 days of lifting and intense ab work. The first workout wasn't too bad. Since I didn't really know what to expect, I don't feel like I worked myself hard enough. But I'm planning on using this first week to ease back into lifting since it's been so long. I can tell it's going to be a good program, though and I'm looking forward to lifting again tomorrow. I really missed it!!
I've already received some results for the weight loss competition. I'll post them some time tomorrow so make sure you get your results to me by tonight. If I don't receive anything from you, I'll assume you just started this week.
19 comments:
I've found that a bit of rest, or less intense workouts, helps me physically, and mentally. Once I get back into it, my focus is much better, because I have an appreciation for what I was missing.
Thanks for the reminder on the weight loss challenge... the hard part will be remembering to email you on Tuesday!
This sounds like a good way to take a little pressure off. Enjoy the week and I hope you find that mojo!
Good luck with p90x.
Not looking at milage probably is exactly what you need. I have done that myself and you will see how renewed you will feel when you go back to racking those miles up! Enjoy the mental break - you deserve it! Have a great week! :)
I've been mojo-less for most of the summer, & am happy to be gettign some back. But definitely disheartening when you're in the middle of training to feel so blah - it was tough to dial back my expectations.
Enjoy the cut back week - it sounds definitely needed.
PS - have been hearing about the recent assault in Fairmount Park - be careful out there!!!
Good luck on P90X, it's intense and my hubby loves it!
As you know, rest is just as important as the work that you do. I'm glad to hear that your first "fun run" went well! My friend just started p90x and it's absolutely kicking his butt! I may try it after my next hospital stay....
Ronnie
good call on the cutback weeks, sometimes we just need them even more mentally than physically. hope it works for you!
A much needed break will do you good. Running without looking at a pace is always a great way to do it. You'll be back to full form in no time. :)
sounds like a good plan, you will get it back!!
Glad you have a cut back week to enjoy... take it easy on yourself.
That P90X ab work-out kicks @$%!! It is an amazing workout... have fun!
Treat your body right, cut back weeks are crucial to balancing the rigors placed upon the body. Keep up the good work
glad you are taking a cut back week. a little rest mentally and physically is all that's needed to get back out there. enjoy the downtime this week!
So much of what we do is mental...sounds like Coach Jack has the right idea - take the goal out of it for a little while & just remember why you love to run. Your body will follow along. Plus that p90x is HARD and you will figure out how to adjust for that at first! You're gonna have a great week! :)
good to take a break once in a while, a recharge. hope you feel better soon :)
Remember, if you follow strict advice, you're taking off one day for every mile in that Ultra.
That's 50 days!
I figure if you don't take off 50 days, and keep training, you're at least gonna potentially feel lousy for that much time.
Plenty of time til Philly though, hope you're excited.
You could use the rest... like me, you are probably experiencing a little burn out.
A rest week sounds like a great idea. Training is fun but it's nice to just run and not worry about the distance or pace you have to run.
[url=http://bariossetos.net/][img]http://hopresovees.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]teacher discount software, [url=http://bariossetos.net/]android software store[/url]
[url=http://hopresovees.net/][/url] X4 Retail Price mp3 software downloads
windows xp service pack 2 free download [url=http://hopresovees.net/]ms office application software[/url] pda software downloads
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/]software available for purchase[/url] nero 9 download
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/]windows vista home premium[/url] microsoft voip software
adobe acrobat 9 pro download [url=http://hopresovees.net/]adobe photoshop cs4 full[/b]
[url=http://bariossetos.net/][img]http://hopresovees.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]used adobe software, [url=http://bariossetos.net/]sample software reseller[/url]
[url=http://hopresovees.net/][/url] educational software downloads Mac Readiris
kaspersky antivirus full download [url=http://hopresovees.net/]adobe photoshop 6 software[/url] winzip 12 reg code
[url=http://hopresovees.net/]buy pocket pc software[/url] Pro 10 Advanced Final
[url=http://hopresovees.net/]photo editing software to buy[/url] buy chess software
software discounts for non [url=http://hopresovees.net/]store software[/b]
Post a Comment