Now, as for Valentine's Day...I'll be honest. I'm not a fan. Never have been, never will be. And it's not that I'm jaded because I never had someone special to share this day with, because I have. It's just that I would much rather get a card and flowers on a random day then on some day when everyone gets it. Sorry, but that just doesn't seem very special to me. The other night Andy went to pick up dinner and brought me home roses...now that was special. So, the point of this...knowing how I feel about Feb. 14th, Andy decided to propose on this day 5 years ago on the beach in Key West. I knew the proposal was coming (I didn't move to Michigan to remain his girlfriend!!) and figured it would happen on this trip, but as the days ticked by, he never popped the question. I kept thinking, "there is no way he'll do it on Valentine's day, please don't do it on then!." Oh but yes, he did. And he purposely picked that day so I would have a reason to like it. Can you tell who's the romantic in the relationship??
So maybe I like the day a little bit more, but I care about the other 364 days of the year when we love each other and do special things for each other a whole lot more!
19 comments:
You guys are cute! Enjoy your run - and happy anniversary of proposal day!
I forgot he did that! Sweet. If I didn't hold out for Valentine's day, I would never get anything. Oh, maybe an appliance or life insurance :)
I'm not a big fan of the day either. But I did get a babysitter and we will be on a date for tomorrow.
Well said - I totally agree. And who the hell wants to go out to eat dinner on such a crazy night like that anyways.
You guys are such a cute couple.
I agree about V-day. Not a fan. I def love getting the roses and a card more on any other day then this one. UGh.... but I do fun stuff for the kids and they like it.
I have mixed feeings on Valentine's Day. In general, I agree with you that it's a problem if people use it to make up for a year of non-romance. But for others, who don't need to be reminded of such things, it strikes me as a fun excuse to do something a little different - or just an excuse to do something fun in general.
Northwestern Ave at 1 PM sounds great - looking forward to it!
cute! You guys are so cute together. Not a fan either, glad I'm not the only crazy one out there.
I'm not a fan of the day either, for many of the same reasons you are. Congrats, though
chris always says "i dont need a holiday to tell me when to love my wife" or something like that... i love it :) we arent big v-day people either just because of those reasons you said!
love the proposal story :)
Your engagement story is too funny! Have fun on the 10-miler!
Valentine's Day is for everyone that is still in the puppy love stage...
The 20in24 won't be as bad this year. It (hopefully) won't feel like 105. And the whole reason I was looking for others doing the race was to validate our training.
Your goal is 50, mine is 100, but there is NO WAY I'm gonna train TWICE as much as you! I have trouble maintaining offseason training! :)
So, how are you going to do it? By sticking with the great training regimen you've already established.
Very sweet post and I definitely agree.
Happy Valentine's Day anyway. :)
Me again. :) I just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my post. It is good to hear from someone who has been through it.
The veggie thing is going to be an adjustment for sure.
And I made sure they knew about BCP.
i'm not a fan either. have a great weekend, and very cute post and pic :o)
Sweet post :)
I'm not a fan either. It's only because of the kids that I even remember it.
Not a fan either but Happy "Made-Up Greeting Card holiday" in any case.
Enjoy the run!
Awww, what a great story. Props to Andy for the roses this year.
RE: Interview questions- When you get a moment, shoot me an e-mail at nss6748 at yahoo or leave me a comment with your e-mail and I'll send you your questions.
Now that is cool! Happy belated Anniversary! You have no choice but to like the day! Unfortunately getting reservations at a nice restaraunt on Valentines can be hell!
BTW, Your hubby sorta looks like "Brent Barry" a NBA basketball player from that angle.
Post a Comment