Friday, June 18, 2010

7 Random Things

I was tagged a while ago when the 7 random thingy was going around. Since I don't have too much to talk about, I guess now is a good time to play along.

1) I have more nicknames then I know what to do with. When I was little, we were watching the "Facts of Life - Down Under" and I fell asleep on the floor with a major wedgie. My sisters started calling me "Nezzie Wedgie Aborigine." To this day, my dad and my sister still call me "Nez." While most of my friends call me "Dennis", some call me "Dee Dee" and "Sunny D."  And Andy calls me "Little Coconut" and "Biscuit." Pretty much say anything but Denise and I'll answer.

2) I graduated with honors with a degree in Chemistry. But based on more than one occurrence when someone assumed I was a hairdresser, I'm confident I don't look/act like your typical science geek.

3) I have 7 tattoos. While some might be silly, they each mean something to me and take me back to that time of my life when I got them.

4) I LOVE having my nails painted. I could be in a bad mood and if I paint my nails, I feel better. I recently had a job which involved going into aseptic manufacturing areas (think hair net, booties, white overalls) and I couldn't wear make up, jewelry, nail polish, etc. Thank goodness I have a new job...I'm sporting "Funky Dunky" as I type. 

5) I play with my ears...a lot. It's a nervous habit and it drives Andy insane.

6) I can write backwards just as quickly as I can write normal.  I don't mean just rearranging the word order, I mean where every single letter is backwards so when you hold it up to a mirror it reads correctly. I can do it in cursive, too. My mom taught me this fascinating trick when I used to play hooky from school.

7) One thing that really gets my panties in a bunch is bottle water. I will not drink bottled water unless it's an emergency and there is no other water to be found. It's not the fact that it has stuff added to it, sits on shelves, trucks, etc for who knows how long going stagnant, it's the waste. Come on people, you can drink safer, for free, and save the environment right from your own tap!

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Aren't you at work???

Interesting, though :)

Marlene said...

Too funny with all the nicknames!

And I am with you on bottled water. I don'tleave the house without my stainless steel bottle(s) and am constantly refilling in the tap. People are always shocked and trying to force bottled water on me, saying 'how do you stand the taste?' Tap water is just fine for me!

Katie A. said...

Loved this! Very cool about the writing backwards - and you learned it while playing hookie!!! Tee hee...
Have a great weekend - good luck with your long runs girlie!

ShutUpandRun said...

Wow, playing with your ears! I actually think that is kind of cute. I am with you on the water thing. Just don't get it.

Felice Devine said...

#6 is so cool!

I'm totally w/you on #7. ARGH!

Have a good weekend!

Tricia said...

loved this

Anonymous said...

You have seven!?!? I have 5 and love them all :)

I am against the bottled water thing too! Used to drink it all the time..what a waste! I feel much better about my reuseable bottle!

Ps- I love painting my nails. I do them once a week!

Boris T said...

Wow lots of nicknames!

Michelle said...

Love the nicknames! And, very cool on being able to write backwards.

Johann said...

Chemistry, way to go! Agree about the water. Wow for writing backwards!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the environment being an animalist and member of an european environmental committee.

Scott McMurtrey said...

I can draw stick figures backwards pretty well. :)

RunningLaur said...

I'm with you on bottled water. Come on people!