As a lot of you know, my sister has been going through the adoption process for years. We've had some really hard times over the past few years but we're finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Little Grace Katya is suppose to come home to join our family on Mother's day weekend. What perfect timing!!
Well, I'm not sure if you heard, but some stupid, cold hearted woman recently sent her Russian adopted child back to Russia on a plane with nothing other than a note. Now Russia is considering a suspension on all adoptions. I am having a hard time even typing right now. My sister (and the rest of our family) wants this little girl home with us so badly and I'm freaking out at the thought of someone ruining this for us. PLEASE...can you take one second to fill out the attached petition? There's a little girl who really needs us...
http://www.jcics.org/Russia.htm
19 comments:
DONE! I wish I could do more. I really hope this works out for your sister. Please keep us posted!
Thanks, sweetie! Try to enjoy yourself. I really feel things will be ok. I'm not freaking out, so you shouldn't.
Done! If it is okay, I will post this on my FB for others to sign- let me know (email: jillyfly81 at comcast dot net). I have been reading her blog and your sister is truly amazing! And your family deserves this little girl more than anything!
Done and good luck to your sister!
Done, Denise! I am an adoptive parent through Social services. The actions of this one careless woman are criminal, but they surely have to see that she is the minority.
Thinking good thoughts for your sister!
I can't believe this is happening to your sister. I am going to go do that now.
I will be signing the petition as soon as I finish typing this comment.
I want to say that whatever that woman who send the child back did was not right. At the same time I've been hearing a lot of stories about Russian children having major problems because of fetal alcohol syndrome. Russian adoption agencies often don't disclose such problems. Again I am not condoning what that woman did but would like to point out that media did not report both sides of the story.
And now for signing the petition.
I can't imagine her heart break. I will.
I hope everything works out for your sister, adoption is an amazing gift.
I hope you are still enjoying Jamaica!!
DOne! I will be praying for your sister and her family. I too will be sending the link to all my family, I hope that your sister gets her special gift this Mothers Day!
Don! My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacay :)
Done! Keep us updated... Good luck.
Done. We will be praying for your family!
Done! I hope everything works out for your sister.
Oh, how horrible. I've signed it. I really hope things work out!
Please keep us updated. I can't imagine what you, your sister and the rest of the family are feeling right now. I signed the Petition.
Praying that God's Will Is Done. Keep the Faith. I feel that it will work out for your sister.
Signed. :) Fingers crossed!
Done.
So sorry about this, Denise. It is just terrible and, really, that woman is awful. I've read some about the situation and it is so messed up on so many levels.
I'm sending you guys all my best and I hope, hope, hope your sister and little Grace are united SOON!
Post a Comment