We made it back from Jamaica last night and had an amazing trip. We had beautiful weather, relaxing days, and fun nights. We met some great people and drank too many tasty cocktails. I might even go as far to say I had my fill of champagne for a while! Of course I slept like a rock on vacation and came home to get no sleep last night. Newman was so happy to have us home he kept me up all night. I woke up feeling lousy, my eyes all swollen and my throat sore but I forced myself out for a run. Turned out to be a fabulous 4 miler!! I didn't shoot for any pace and just ran based on how I felt and I averaged an 8:44 with the last mile at 8:20. I could have, and wanted, to keep going but I have an 18 miler tomorrow so I decided to take it easy today. With NJ marathon just 2 weeks away, I'm going to practice my race pace for the 4:15 group tomorrow and get used to the 9:43 pace. I was wondering if anyone wanted to run with me tomorrow but everyone around here is at Boston...I can't believe I should be there right now!! So jealous of the excitement everyone must be feeling but I'm there with them in spirit.
Good luck to all the Boston marathoners on Monday, I'll be watching from my desk and tracking you!!! RUN HARD!
Here are a few pictures from the trip...makes me sad looking at them. Can't wait to get back.
Our open air, beach front room!!
Our verandah, where we had champagne happy hours.
A stretch of 7 mile beach
My favorite sunset picture
Relaxing, listening to music with my favorite guy.
This local walked the beach all day, every day, on one leg. This is when he sang to me.
Our traditional Red Stripe in Margaritaville before we get on the plane...so sad.
15 comments:
well you've certainly got some sun! looks great! ugh, just unbelievable about your sister. One thing after another, so unfair. I'm still praying for them! Hopefully they will all be together as happy family son!
Gorgeous sunset picture! I could use a sunny vacation right about now. Thanks for the support :)
Wow like she needs one more obstacle!!!! What an amazingly strong woman she must be- and I love how dedicated she is :)
I am sooo sorry to hear about your sister! My prayers go out to her and your family!
Glad you had a good vacay- it's always fun to plan the next and have that carrot dangling in front of you once again!
I'm currently held up in my hotel room in Boston worried because I am still not feeling 100% from my flu :( So, 9:43 is a 4:15 finish? That is sounding about my pace right now!
I am keeping the prayers coming for your sister! I even participated in Blogger Appreciation Day. :)
Great pictures!
Enjoy the run tomorrow. I was out for 18 miles on the trails today, and the place was hopping!
I realize I wrote appreciation and I mean Adoption...clearly! Haha :)
That looks like a fabulous trip! I am saddened that their flight was canceled and will keep them in my thoughts!
The pictures are great! The look on your face in that last one is soooooooooooo sad! Glad you had a great vacation, sad you're not going to be in Boston tomorrow but when you do run it, I'm there for you at the finish providing a little local Bawstin flavah for ya! :) Click over to my blog if you can; I ran a 5K today and it was awesome! Sending good vibes for your sister...
the pics make me jealous! Looks like you had an awesome and relaxing time. Have fun on the long run tomorrow :)
We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, and I missed it the minute I came back. Your pictures are beautiful. Welcome home!
Wow! that does look relaxing.
That looks like a great trip! I could totally go for something like that right now
I hope it all goes well with your sister and everything that's going on there.
Looks like an awesome trip!
I gotta say, I hope things change for your sister -- she's had enough bad fortune for (more than) one person. My fingers are crossed that she's able to bring Grace home soon :-)
Oh wow, that place looks incredible! No wonder it was so hard to leave!
Post a Comment