Thursday, April 22, 2010

Check Is In The Mail

WOO HOO!!! Boston lodging form is in the mail with my one nights deposit! I can't believe how early I'm doing this but based on what I've heard from all my Boston veteran friends, the sooner the better. I'm using marathon tours and you need to fill out a form listing your top 5 choices of places to stay. They are listed based on their distance from the finish line. After you mail the form in, you will hear back in a few weeks as to which hotel choice you got. Since some of my biggest fans are going with me, I'm trying to stay as close to the finish as possible. That way they can stay in bed as long as they want and putz around the finish line area until I come smiling across the finish line! Seriously, April 18, 2011 can't get here soon enough!! I'm smiling just filling out the form...can't imagine how I'm going to be come race day!

Running has been going really well this week. I went out on Monday after my 18 miler on Sunday and my legs felt really heavy. I wanted to take it nice and easy but it turns out that my legs wanted to run an 8:30 pace so I went with it. When I woke up yesterday at 5am to run, I was so exhausted. On my way to the gym I actually contemplated turning around and going back to bed. Well, I'm so glad I didn't. I ended up running 7 miles with 4 of them at 8:20 (race pace) and 1 between 7:30-8:00. Once again, the pace felt great. My breathing was normal, I did my own little talk test (yes, talk out loud to myself at the gym to see how I'm doing) and was talking fine, and I could have kept going at that pace. These runs gave me a little glimmer of hope that I might just be able to race Delaware marathon on the 16th. Still undecided about that. Tomorrow and Saturday's run will be all about dialing in the 9:45 pace for NJ marathon. I'm really looking forward to wearing that pacer shirt...how cool will that be!?!?

Oh, I'm also thinking of changing the title of my blog. When I started this little thing, I never knew I'd actually keep up with it OR that people would actually read it. I've always hated "running journal" so I'm going to change it. Just a heads up if you see something new in your blog roll! And I'll take suggestions!!

20 comments:

Psyche said...

Wow! You are doing so great!

I imagine Bostone will be EXTRA fast to fill up this year, with 4,500 qualifiers not able to make the trip due to the volcano. I wonderif they will be allowed in...?

Anyways- good luck with the pacing. It sounds exciting- can't wait to read the report:)

RunningLaur said...

Officially pacing a race has to be the coolest thing ever!

Can't imagine how excited you are for Boston - I think I'd have everything sent in already too!

Abby said...

Nice!! Get it in early, then there's nothing to worry about except the running :)

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Boston bound!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am so excited for you. When I ran 2 yrs ago, we stayed 20 min outside, would have been nice to stay so close.

Johann said...

Good for you! I always do things early. Pacing a race will be awesome! Good luck!

Marlene said...

Great job on the runs! Good luck practicing your "pacer pace". You'll be awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I think change is good!

Liz said...

I'm all about change - I don't mind my blog title, but I have the URL - crazymarathoner - I decided on that b/c at the time I was training for my 1st marathon (then I got hurt, so no marathon) and thought "wow, how crazy am I" but it may give the wrong impression,like I'm a marathon maniac, when really, I have yet to run a full!! Oh well!!

Sara Elizabeth said...

Way to go, next year is going to be great!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Ohhhhh a name change.. Can't wait to see what you come up with..

A few cheesy ideas:

D Rocks the Road
Ultra and Beyond
Boston Bound Baby

LOL!! Hugs to getting it is early.. I will be right there with you soon....fingers crossed and legs moving quickly.

Although my buddy Lacey has offered to house me for my trip.. We will see if I will take her up on it..

Jen Feeny said...

Having just left Boston myself I will say this, public transporation was great and worked well since we stayed out of the city BUT if you can snag a spot close to the Finish line it's a beautiful thing!

Jen Feeny said...

P.S. I like Mel's idea of "Ultra and Beyond"

SeeGirlRun said...

I like Run Denise Run! And it matches your URL.

or
26.2 is My Recovery Run
50 Miles? No Sweat

BTW... Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

Jamie said...

Very exciting! And great job on the running this week!

Bethany + Ryan said...

so exciting! did u pick the SHeraton or the Hilton? If so, you'll be staying in my back yard! :-) i can't wait for April 18th 2011 either, not only for the marathon but bc it will be just over a month til our wedding!

Aron said...

THANK YOU for the notice, i had been checking their site but hadnt see the 2011 form yet - must send in asap!

Michelle said...

Awesome! Good luck with the pacing!

Can't wait to hear the new name!

N.D. said...

that's so exciting!! :)

Susan said...

Yayyyyy Boston!!! You're going to love it!!

I'm excited to hear about pacing...it's definitely something I'd like to try one day!