Thursday, May 13, 2010

Three Things Thursday

My first Three Things Thursday...
  • Achilles is feeling pretty good. The iontophoresis PT is a little odd but it definitely seems to be helping. They basically put a steroid onto a pad and place the pad on my Achilles. Then they put another pad on my thigh and hook me up to little baby jumper cables. It burns and leaves a little sun burn like mark on both spots but it's worth it. I've been running easy this week and while my mileage isn't where I'd like it to be, I'm just so happy to be back out there.
  • I have a little date with the Delaware marathon this Sunday. This will be my 4th marathon and I'm so freaking excited for it. (would have been #5 if the stupid Achilles didn't keep me from NJ a few weeks back...grrr) I'm running with one of my favorite running buddies, Snowflake, and we have one goal and one goal only for this race...HAVE FUN!!! I'll be carrying my camera and foresee a lot of shenanigans during the race. I'm treating this as a training run for the Ultra and we're thinking of a 4:00-4:30 finish. Weather is looking beautiful, sunny and 70's, so it should be a perfect day for a nice run!                                                                                                            
  • Me and Snowflake after running 50 miles!!

  • The discount with the Brooks ID program is deadly. I ordered my racing uniform the other day but unfortunately it won't be here in time for Sunday. I also ordered a lot (A LOT) of other stuff from their pro site. And since I wanted new stuff for this weekend, I also ran out and bought stuff from my local running store. Good thing I don't like malls and shopping because I cause enough damage with the running gear.

22 comments:

N.D. said...

Good luck this weekend! That's very cool about the discount!

Stacey said...

So glad your achilles is feeling better! Good luck this weekend! Sounds like you and Snowflake will have a great time!

Johann said...

Glad to hear the injury is better. Have fun this weekend! Good luck!

Ewa said...

Good luck with your marathon! It is such a great news that your injury is healing. You're gonna rock.

ShutUpandRun said...

Yay! Good luck on #4!

Teamarcia said...

I hope the achilles continues to cooperate. have a blast at your marathon!

Unknown said...

Good luck! I'm sure it will be great!

RunningLaur said...

Have a great time this weekend! Can't wait to see all of your awesome Brooks gear and read all about the race!

Heather said...

I can't wait to see the shenanigans.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

GOOD LUCK this weekend.. Love the "Date" with 26.2, hope he treats you well.

Hmmmm Brooks discount would be deadly, my favorite T's and shorts are from Brooks..

OK who looks that good after 50 miles?? Wowzers! I wanted that pink tank but waited too long..

Marlene said...

Can't wait to see all of your new running goodies! Have fun this weekend!

Katie A. said...

Good luck on Sunday!!! I love running races with friends - DO NOT forget your cammera!
Love the Brooks discount - very jealous :)

Bethany + Ryan said...

Best of luck to u this weekend!! Enjoy all ur new stuff!!

RunToTheFinish said...

discounts are awful they convince me to spend all kinds of money

yeahhh for the achilles!!

Julie said...

Good luck to your Sunday with your #4 marathon!!

Michelle said...

Good luck! Glad your Achilles is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Have FUN this weekend. Take tons of pics!! I can't wait to see them all. Oh, and I must say..I can't believe how good you look AFTER a 50 mile run!!! wow!! Keep, keeping on...because I'm a huge fan and I love to hear all the great details!

p.s...to answer your question from your post. I'm doing the Philly Rock-n-Roll in Sept.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you are running!!! Take pics of the draw bridge if they have you run over it again like last year!!!

akjenniekt said...

Glad to hear your Achilles is feeling better! Good luck this weekend!

Felice Devine said...

Good luck with marathon #4!!

Abby said...

Have fun on Sunday!

X-Country2 said...

Shopping for run gear is my most favorite thing. GOOD LUCK this weekend!