Thursday, May 6, 2010

Great News

So, as I was sitting here typing a post about how much I love running and am sick of being sidelined, I got the BEST email...but first, real quick...had the MRI today on my Achilles. According to the hospital, it's just some tendonitis. My doc hasn't reviewed the images completely yet but he said it looks like there isn't a tear, which is great news!! I went to PT yesterday, have another appointment tomorrow and will keep up with this to help get things back to normal quickly. I have an email into the doc to see when I can start running again...which better be soon because...

I got selected for the Brooks ID Program!!! 

For those of you who haven't heard of this, Brooks ID stands for "Inspire Daily" and their mission is for the members to inspire people to run and be active while "enthusiastically" evangelizing the Brooks brand. Their members are runners who are winning their age divisions, accomplishing their personal goals, pushing their own limits, and, by extension, encouraging others to do the same.

I'm freaking ecstatic right now!!! It's crazy to think that a little no body like me is inspiring enough that Brooks would select me. This might be the coolest thing ever! I can't wait to get hooked up with this community of runners and soak it all in! I will not let them down!

Run Happy!

33 comments:

Carly said...

That is great news! congrats!

Jamie said...

Wow! That is fantastic news! Congrats! And awesome that your achilles is nothing too serious and you are healing.

Teri S. said...

That's fantastic news on both fronts! Welcome to the Brooks family!!!

Julianne said...

Congrats!!! Sounds like an awesome program!! Hello, you are NOT a little nobody!!! You're a fabulous runner. :-)

Ginny M said...

Way to go!

Unknown said...

Way to go!

RunningFromCancer said...

Totally Cool!!

You need to get out there and inspire!!!

Hope you can run soon.

N.D. said...

that is so cool , congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

How awesome, and congrats! I'm a big fan of Brooks myself :)

Bootchez said...

What a great day with two great bits of news!! May I say that you certainly have already inspired ME, some random woman you don't know from nobody, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Pretty good for a little nobody, IMHO.

Sara Elizabeth said...

Congratulations that so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Best. News. Ever.

Things seems to be really looking up (and for your sister too- yeah!) and I am really happy for you!!!

Gurl Runn'R said...

How did you get selected for the Brooks ID program? did u apply?

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

Bethany + Ryan said...

Glad to hear you're doing ok, congrats on the Brooks ID, how exciting! Our comments are back up and working (I think), thanks for letting us know about it! Have a great night!

Libby said...

Congrats and that is also great news that its not a tear :)

Ewa said...

Great news on your Achilles. Hopefully this will heal for you very quickly.

Congrats on the Brooks ID Program. Now your Achilles really needs to start behaving. :)

ShutUpandRun said...

Yay on getting into Brooks! How fun.

Johann said...

That is fantastic! Congratulations!

Michelle said...

Such great news - both the Achilles and the Brooks ID! Glad you are getting some sunshine your way after the past week! Take care!

Laura said...

Great news! CONGRATS!

Marlene said...

GREAT NEWS ALL AROUND! So glad there does not appear to be a tear in your achilles and congrats on being selected by Brooks. Exciting!!! Clearly you are more inspiring than you think. :)

Michelle said...

My rock star sister does it again! Can you send me some of that free gear??

Felice Devine said...

Awesome and awesome!!!!!

So happy about both the results and the selection! Yay!

Abby said...

Awesome! Can't wait to hear about the details of it!

RunningLaur said...

Congratulations!! You're amongst a fantastic group of people!!

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Great news all around. Congratulations!

Julie D. said...

new follower, first time commenter! Congratulations! Hope that tendonitis heals up fast too!

Katie A. said...

Very cool! Couldn't think of a better person to encourage and inspire peeps! Now, hook a sista' up!
Glad the tendon isn't torn, hope you can be running soon!

X-Country2 said...

Yay for both pieces of news!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Well-deserved!!! Congrats! :)

akjenniekt said...

Thats so great:)!! Congratulations - Brooks is making a great choice!

Sarah Woulfin said...

congrats on becoming part of the Brooks program. I love brooks products, and, yes, YOU are inspiring :)