Wednesday, July 1, 2009

246 for June!

It feels like just yesterday that I posted about my May mileage and here it is July 1st. Where the heck is the summer going?? June blew by and I honestly can't remember much of it. I logged 246 miles in June, which is well past my goal of at least 100 a month! Those 31 milers definitely help with racking up the mileage.

Taper started Monday and I had an incredible run last night. I felt so good you'd never know I just ran 31 miles on Sunday. The whole run I was thinking about past runs and my upcoming race. I really can't even imagine what race day is going to be like, but I am so excited for it to get here! I've been jotting down notes as the thoughts come to me as to what I have to pack, get ready, etc. I also started working on a little packet of info for my crew members. At this point I'm more stressed about logistics than I am about running so I'm trying to get all these little things taken care of. I ordered the crew shirts the other day to wear on race day and one for me for afterwards that says "Ultra Marathoner". I hope I didn't jinx myself by ordering that. I'm not even going to touch it when it comes in, I'll let Andy open the package!! The first time I'll touch it is when I go to put it on after the race. I'm not superstitious at all. ;-)

Here is my schedule for the first week of Taper:
Mon - recovery walk
Tues - 6 mi
Wed - 7 mi
Thurs - 5 mi
Fri - 15 mi
Sat - 12 mi
Sun - 3 mi

22 comments:

Marci said...

Enjoy your taper, you have earned it!

MOMMY-MOMO said...

serious! this month flew by! great mileage!

Felice Devine said...

That's a ton of miles -- you'll be so ready for the race. I would be the same way w/the shirt. I think it is good that you ordered it, though! You know you'll earn it :-)

Kelli said...

Man you hammered in some great miles. All your determination and hard work will pay-off, t-shirt or no t-shirt!!!

Unknown said...

BOOM! 246 is awesome! I'm pretty sure I can drive that in only one day, but, whatever :)

Ronnie

raulgonemobile said...

Nice mileage! I'm probably up to that for the year. Hah.

Enjoy the well-deserved taper..

Anonymous said...

gosh!!!

RunningLaur said...

hahahah your taper includes a 15 miler - that cracks me up (because I think of nice 2 mile runs for tapers).

I'd be the same way about the finishers shirt too. None of that bad luck mojo going on.

Anne said...

You just bust out those miles like nobody's business! Wow! You are so prepared for that race :D

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

That is some impressive mileage!! Enjoy your taper!!

Abby said...

It's amazing how well your body has held up through all of this - enjoy the taper!

Aron said...

yayyy taper!! I am so so so excited for you :) cannot wait for this race report!!!

AWESOME job on the miles this month!!

N.D. said...

thaat is nuts! awesome job ! crazy mileage.

Jamie said...

Awesome mileage! Glad to hear the recovery run went well and awesome June mileage! Enjoy your much deserved taper!!

Stacey said...

Wow, 246! That is awesome. The summer is flying by for me too. Enjoy your taper, you have definitely earned it!

Anonymous said...

Wow- seriously, awesome! Really impressive!

Toni said...

Great mileage! Enjoy your taper.

Marlene said...

Your taper mileage is higher than my training mileage right now. :)

Can't wait to see you in that shirt after the race!

DelDean said...

Denise -
u r sooo amazing! You've basically gone from 0 to 250 miles per month in like what, two years?!?! And now ur first Ultra is a few weeks away... I know you will do awesome.

Don't forget to plug ur fundraising in the blog (when's last time?). U have so many 'followers' that if each would just get online & donate only 10 bucks then u'll smash the goal. BOMF is very cool...I've spoken with a few of their vol's & clients at some local races.

Denise's peeps: Listen up, this is a worthwhile cause Go ahead - u know u want 2 - give a little and be part of reaching Denise's goal.

Bert said...

Impressive mileage! And yes don't dare to even look at that pre-ordered shirt. :-) enjoy the rest of the taper.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your taper, I can't believe your mileage...that's incredible! (well, I mean obviously I believe you, you know what I mean)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

That's incredible mileage, enjoy the tapering, even though it's still is a lot of running! :) Happy 4th!