WOW!! Thanks to everyone for their sweet comments!! I feel like a rock star!! Please feel free to leave comments like that every day!
Recovery is going really well. Much better than I thought, actually. When I got home from the race I took a monster ice bath (I'm not lying that I was on the verge of tears and shivering uncontrollably!) and then slipped into my sexy hot pink recovery socks. I stayed off my feet for most of Sunday but the walking around I did do, felt fine once I got past the initial pain in my feet. I didn't sleep well again on Sunday night, which really surprised me but thankfully I had yesterday off to lay around some more. The pain in my feet was still there yesterday but after my first few steps, I felt much better. I spent yesterday relaxing at the pool and shoving my face. I took recovery eating to a whole new level, I think. I did manage to get a 2.5 mile walk in yesterday, though. My legs were tired but it felt good to move around a little. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal today with the exception of being really tired. My body in general is just moving slowly. Nothing really hurts, I'm just slow and I feel a little stupid. I think it's lack of sleep since I didn't sleep well last night either. Hopefully tonight is better. So all in all, recovery has been great. I expected to be in a lot of pain but really, I'm feeling fine. It sure doesn't seem like I ran 51 miles on Saturday.
The rest of this week is all about recovery. I have walks scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday and then some 2 mile jogs on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm going to be sure to take it easy since I need to switch gears and get ready for what's up next...
As promised, here are some pictures from race day.
Team Great Strides Lone Rangers
(Coach Jack, Puddlz, Sunny D and Snowflake)
Our Base Camp
Heading into base camp after loop 2
Caught!!
Being taken care of by Andy
A little Body Glide anyone...
Finishing loop 5
Crossing the finish line
DONE!

Me and my biggest supporter
33 comments:
Awesome pics. I am so impressed by you!!!
Great pictures. You are an inspiration! Congratulations, again!
WOW!!! I am so impressed!! Great job friend!
What great pics! Even the body glide one! LOL!
Again, you are amazing and such an inspiration! Enjoy the rest of your recovery week! :)
What great photos!
So what is up next? :)
Wow, I'm still amazed at what you've accomplished.
Great photos -- thanks for posting them. Congrats again!
Glad the recovery is going well. That's the most important thing right now.
Sooo glad your recovery has gone well. I think I would be dead. Literally.
The pictures tell such a great story - love them! You look remarkably good!
I am still in awe of you Denise! Congrats again! Take it easy, get lots of rest and don't forget to bask in that after race glow for as long as you can! You are a hardcore rockstar! :)
Thanks for sharing the pics, they are great! LOL!
Yes, still impressed. I'm glad you're moving around and having fun recovery-eating. That sounds really fun!
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Recover well, just listen to what your body needs. Congrats again!
Who would've thought, the chubby girl...
Great job and you look super fit!
Who looks that good after 51 miles? Craziness.
You are a rock star!
The pictures are so inspiring ! It almost makes me want to do one someday ;)
I talked to your hubby on Sunday (I recognized his shirt from your blog) - I missed you when you finished because I was out on my last loop (part of a gold team).
You were amazing, great job, glad to hear you are feeling better then expected. So, don't leave us hanging, what is next?
I have told anyone who will listen about "my online friend who ran 51.4 miles on Saturday"...you're awesome!!!
Those pictures are so cute. I don't know if I commented when I read your race report, but you are definitely a rock star. Seriously, very very impressive and awesome that you're never going to do it again!
I said that after my first marathon and am planning to do a 2nd. What is wrong with us?
I keep meaning to donate to your page, but I'm a lazy bastard with too much going on. Did you make your goal yet?
You're a rock star! There, I said it again today :) Awesome pictures!! So happy your recovery is going well, have I mentioned you're a rock star..
you are so awesome :) glad recovery is going so well!!! LOVE the pics!
hi! I am so inspired! I am currently training for my first full marathon (i tried last year but got injured.. so this is the second attempt at a full:)
I am sooooo inspired by your running and the 50miler you just did!
Love you blog! thanks for sharing your story!
blessings
ruthie
www.mybodmod.blogspot.com
i love race pics they are so fun!!
Your pictures don't even make it look like you ran 51 miles...you looked awesome the entire way!
I love your pics! You're in such terrific shape after the race! I think I would be crawling and crying on the ground!! Well done! Can't wait to go back and read more about it.
Great pics, and awesome job again!
sounds like recovery is going well, so I'm sure you'll be back running shortly.
Are you running in a skort??? What kind of runner are you? Did I not teach you anything about athletics? Geez...
great pictures! you did an amazing job, so impressed!
Great pictures! Glad your recovery is going well.
You don't look like you ran that far in the finish photos either!! WOW! I can't believe you're out of bed either. You're AMAZING!
Great pictures!
Thanks for stopping by and letting me know that you're still around :) Are the videos a little much for you to take or am I a little long winded? :)
Thank you for being such a big support!
Ronnie
Wonderful pics :)
Have a great recovery! You've earned it.
Great pictures! Glad to hear that you are recovering!
Wow - you are amazing! I'm so impressed.
Post a Comment