Monday, July 27, 2009

Back on Track

I've been a total slack ass with the eating since the Ultra but things are changing starting today. I figured it was a good time to get back on track as my training is starting up again. So, what's up next?? I'm taking on the Philadelphia marathon again this November. This will be my second marathon and I'm hoping to shave 11 minutes off my time of 3:51 last year and qualify for Boston. This training will be a lot harder for me than the Ultra training was as I don't have much confidence when it comes to speed. I think and feel really slow. When it comes to long runs, I know I have them in me. They don't scare me a bit and I really enjoy them. But to push myself and run fast, I just don't know what I'm capable of yet. But, I like my challenges so I'm excited to see what this training brings. I'll be running 6 days a week and hope to get back to some toning/lifting exercises starting this week. I haven't lifted since we moved in April and I feel like a flabby mess. We cleaned up the basement this weekend and made a nice little workout area for me. Complete with a tv, dvd player, vcr and radio. We're hoping to buy some weights and a bench but until then I'm going to try getting back into pilates and doing some exercises utilizing my own body weight. I'll also be tackling the 200 squat challenge if anyone wants to join me!

Here's my schedule for this week. Still recovering so there's nothing crazy and I'm not to go faster than any of the paces listed below. I'm looking forward to running every day!

Mon - 2 mi, 8:45
Tues - 4 mi, 9:00
Wed - 2 mi, 8:45
Thurs - 5 mi, 9:10
Fri - 2 mi, 8:45
Sat - 7 mi 9:20
Sun - OFF

27 comments:

Christy said...

Looks like a good schedule for the week! Don't you love recovery weeks?!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

So funny my post yesterday had the same title. All the best in your next adventure..

Marlene said...

Welcome back to training! :) You're going to kick some Philly butt and I think you have a BQ in you!

Curious - will you be continuing to run 6 days/week through this training cycle?

Good luck!

Marci said...

Glad that your recovery is going well! You can and will run fast. I need to get into more toning exercises as well. I will join you in the 200 squat challenge.

Anonymous said...

i cal understand that speed and endurance are two totally different things, but you've proven that you have strength, will and determination. I believe that you can reach your goals. :)

Anonymous said...

If you volunteer the finish line at any Tri, you will get in a years worth of squats! I just did this yesterday- 5.5 hours of squats!!!

I am running PA Marathon too!! My first :)

Kristin said...

congrats denise! I looked for you at the 20in24... i was on a relay team and did bike patrol for a while! I saw your base camp though... I was thinking it looked pretty cool! Congrats again... I was amazed by the lone rangers the whole day!!

Unknown said...

fWow, back to a running schedule already. You amaze me!

Chic Runner said...

YAY for the Philadelphia Marathon! :) So exciting for new goals! :) You'll rock it and you can shave that much off. I believe in you and your speed! if you can run an ultra you can do anything!

X-Country2 said...

Boston, here you come! There's no stopping you lady. :o)

joyRuN said...

You're pretty fast, Denise - I don't think you'll have a problem hitting your BQ in Philly!

Jamie said...

Yay for recovery week! I have no doubt you'll kick butt on this new round of training!!!

Julie D said...

You're already fast... And that ultra will make gunning the relatively short distance of a marathon easy! =P

Abby said...

Back to training already!

Boston, here you come :)

RunToTheFinish said...

HAHAHAAAA 200 squats oh sorry that was just too funny...not me :) I'm going to stick with just trying to eat better

ShutUpandRun said...

Yay for a hopeful BQ!! I am with you; I have to cut 13 mins off of my time. I know we can do it. You especially can do it with that ultra under your belt!! You've got some crazy endurance.

C.G. the Foodie said...

The challenge sounds like fun.

You can totally make it at Philly!!!!

Laura said...

You already have a sub 4 hour time, I'm sure you have a BQ in you. Are you using a particular schedule?

robison52 said...

You look as fresh as a daisy in your picture after your ultra! 11 minutes seems daunting, but I'm confident you'll get a BQ as you're one tough runner. November is just around the corner!!!

Anonymous said...

The 200squats challenge looks full on. I think I'll be giving it a try!

Good luck with your training and eating.

Toni said...

You do not look like you just ran 50 miles in your pic! Have fun with your marathon training.

Jodie said...

I just came across your blog and I am so impressed and very happy for you. Finishing that race in 10 hours is amazing. CONGRATS. What an accomplishment. You will do amazing in November.
Pilates is extremely beneficial overall and for us runners as well. You will notice and feel a difference in your running once you start. I will be rooting for you in November.:)

Unknown said...

I don't think I would worry much about my eating after an ultra for a while either. I would think I deserved to slack.

Norma said...

Will you still be working with your running coach? You WILL qualify for Boston and maybe for the first time in my 40 years as a Bostonian I will actually brave that crazy scene and meet you at the finish line somewhere around 3:30 after the race begins... :) it would be an honor!!!

Paige@ Running Around Normal said...

Glad you're having a good recovery. Good luck girl!

Aron said...

yay cant wait to follow your marathon training :)

Susan said...

Yay, we're doing the same marathon! (And by that I mean the next two marathons...since your speedy self will quality for Boston!)

You've definitely got a big enough base for some awesome marathon training!