Thursday, July 30, 2009

Newman

Geez, where has the week gone?? Work has been keeping me really busy this week and the humidity has been kicking my ass. I've been getting up at 5am to get my runs in before it gets hot but it makes no difference because I can hardly breathe because of the humidity! I am so thankful we didn't have this weather 2 weeks ago for the Ultra. That would have sucked big time.

In my non running world, I have sad news about my kitty, Newman. Every time we move, which I've done a ton of over the last 6 years, he gets bladder infections. Well, this last move really stressed him out and he hasn't been right since. After 2 rounds of antibiotics, we had a urine sample done and they found red blood cells. So that prompted an ultrasound, which he had yesterday. Turns out he has a pretty good size stone rolling around his bladder. There's no way to get rid of it other than surgery and letting him live with it, really isn't an option to me. So we are dropping him off tomorrow morning. They will cut through his stomach and then make an incision in is bladder to remove the stone. He'll have to spend at least one night, depending on how his recovery is going. Needless to say I'm really upset. This little guy means so much to me. I can't imagine Friday night without him at home. Ugh...I can't even talk about it anymore. Tomorrow is going to suck.

Here are some pictures of my baby.





Yes, this is how he likes to sleep at night (please ignore the gross pic of me)

27 comments:

Norma said...

Awwwwwwww, poor kitty! (One of my best friends has a kitty named Newman as well!) Hope all goes well and he comes home feeling all better.

Oscar Yeager said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie A. said...

I am sooo sorry! Sounds though, like he should be better in no time! Good job on sticking out the runs...I can't do humidity, which is why I live in beautiful Northern California! (Sorry to rub it in!)
Have a great rest of the week, and I hope Newman does well! :)

Mark said...

Sure hope Newman comes through well and recovers quikly. We love our kitty, Gracie. Hang in there!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

oh no... sorry to hear about Newman. Keeping my fingers crossed that he'll recover quickly and be back curled up with you and being back to himself soon. That pic is so cute.

Marci said...

Wishing Newman a speedy recovery!

Jeanette said...

So sad! Hang in there. He'll be home soon :)

Marlene said...

Awww, what a gorgeous kitty! Sorry to hear that he's not well. I hope surgery/recovery goes smoothly! Poor Newman!

Yeah, humidity sucks!

Unknown said...

I hope Newman recovers quickly!

RunningLaur said...

Newman in a box! So cute. Hoping everything goes well at the kitty doctor.

Anonymous said...

From one cat lover to another, I am so sorry your little guy is not feeling great! Hope all goes well, he is TOO cute :)

Jamie said...

Poor kitty :( I hope Newman recovers quickly and is back home in no time snuggling you!

B.o.B. said...

He is very handsome. I will be thinking about him and you. You should put his photos on LOLcat.com. The one of him sleeping on you is quite funny.

Tammy said...

Awww, poor Newman. Hope the surgery goes well!

Great pictures. What is it about cats and boxes? A new box in the house will keep my cats occupied for days.

Aron said...

:( i hope everything is ok with newman

Unknown said...

I'm sure you don't feel this way, but I'm glad it's the kitty and not you...although it would probably be cheaper for you to have the stone!

I hear you on the heat. If I don't leave the house by 6am, forget it!

Ronnie

Toni said...

I hope all goes well and a fast recovery!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Well I hope he is getting into the swing of things!!!

Anne said...

Oh no, I am so sorry. I hope everything goes well. Newman looks like such a sweetie <3

Runsher said...

Newman is going to fine. Being without him overnight will be the hardest. My male cat passed stones, but he has been fine since his food was changed.

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Poor kitty! I hope he's back home again really soon. My kitties are my babies, I know how you feel about him.

And, I'm a little late (feedreader explosion!), but congrats on a great race! You're a rock star :)

Abby said...

Totally with you on the Philly humidity... whew...

Sending lots of healing thoughts for Newman!

RunToTheFinish said...

oh gosh this totally hits home as something similar is why we had to say good bye to frisco. you are lucky to have caught it and i really hope that he is ok!

Amber said...

Haha! My cat does the EXACT same thing - except sometimes in the middle of the night he will randomly start licking my face with his rough little tongue, that usually doesn't fly to well!

Julie D said...

Hope all goes well! Try to relax tonight... he'd want you to do that!

Abby said...

Maybe they did let us in for free! I emailed the race organization - I'll let you know what I find out.

X-Country2 said...

Aww, cats in little boxes is always adorable to me. :o)