So, without further adieu, meet my CREW!!
THE GREAT EL ANDYO
Andy is my adorable, loving husband. I really don't think I'd be able to train for this race if it wasn't for him. He is so supportive and really picks up a lot of the slack while I'm running, napping after a run, or in bed early because I ran and need to get up early to run again! He's the smartest person I know, yet thinks farting is the funniest thing ever. He has a weird obsession with bacon and his million dollar idea is a bacon flavored donut. While we were talking about the race the other day, he told me that he won't let me quit because I put too much into this and I want it too badly. That was definitely the right thing to say. The best part of seeing him after each loop will be the hug and kiss he'll give me before I start the next lap.
Andy is my adorable, loving husband. I really don't think I'd be able to train for this race if it wasn't for him. He is so supportive and really picks up a lot of the slack while I'm running, napping after a run, or in bed early because I ran and need to get up early to run again! He's the smartest person I know, yet thinks farting is the funniest thing ever. He has a weird obsession with bacon and his million dollar idea is a bacon flavored donut. While we were talking about the race the other day, he told me that he won't let me quit because I put too much into this and I want it too badly. That was definitely the right thing to say. The best part of seeing him after each loop will be the hug and kiss he'll give me before I start the next lap.
KT
KT is my partner in crime and long time friend. She's a very smart young lady, climbing the corporate ladder while still finding time to make it to happy hour whenever the feeling strikes. She's a runner, who loves a good republican (*wink, wink*) and was recently elected Inspector of Elections 17th division, 5th ward of Philadelphia. KT is a world traveler, jet setting all over the place. If she's in PA for a few consecutive weekends, I begin to worry. I expect nothing but the best out of little KT when I come into the pit stop...and she's already been told to NOT offer me any beer.

PUMPKIN
When God made the mold for Pumpkin, he did not throw it out. Instead he made me and then tossed the damn thing. Two of us are plenty for this world! It is creepy how similar we are...finishing each other's thoughts, knowing what the other is thinking, etc. Pumpkin is an IM'ing, animal loving, customized t-shirt making fool and will soon begin training for her first marathon!! Not only will Pumpkin crew on race day, but she'll also be a pacer for me towards the end of the race. We can bicker like sisters so this should be interesting...

I can not thank these three enough for being there for me on race day. It's going to make the day that much more memorable having so many people I love there to support me.
30 comments:
This should be fun but I'm NOT changing any underwear!!
xoxo, KT
Looks like a great support group.
so exciting!!!! i love that ultras have crews :)
Sounds like you have a GREAT crew set up for the event. You're going to have a blast! Someone needs to live-blog for us!
Good looking crew! Why didn't you ask me???? Although, the only dirty underwear I'll change are my boys :) Never mind. I'll cheer you on from home sitting by the pool!
Now that I hear about the underwear, I'm glad I turned down the crew offer. Have a great race!
Great crew good luck with your race.
You and your crew will have a great time.
I suggest they have a few drinks while they are there. They'll need to lose that innate sense of discretion if you expect them to encourage you to keep running loop after loop.
Looks like a great crew. Your race is getting closer, you must be excited!!
Looks like a great crew! Have fun with your race! I haven't reached the "want to do an ultra" mindset. Good luck.
Sounds like a great crew!
You have quite the crew! Maybe you'll be in my crew someday...but then you'll have to run the WHOLE Ultra for me. Actually I'll run the last mile so I can get the credit!!!
Ronnie
Sounds like an awesome crew! You should make a reality show out of it
What an awesome crew for you. Tell your husband I also think farting is possibly THE funniest thing on the planet. Mine or any one else's.
Awesome.. Looks like a great crew
(I like that live blogging idea)
Sounds like you have an awesome support crew... so so important :)
That is so sweet. Hope nobody tries to hand you a bacon-flavored donut during your race.
You know you've made it big when you have a crew working with you! :)
Are you having other pacers throughout the race, or just Pumpkin near the end?
A Michigan shirt?!? In PA?!? That's one brave kid :).
Hmmmm... bacon flavored donuts. I think I pass.
Looks like you have a terrific "Motley's Crew". It's sounds exciting.
One thing is for certain with that crew - your ultra won't be boring. :-)
Go BLUE!!!!
Very fun posting. Love the nicknames - bet your "crew" wasn't happy with the pics! Mark
Awesome! I am excited for you on your adventure. Your friends sound like they will keep you going through thick and thin, and provide the strongest medium in encouragement!!
Looks like a great crew!
Sweet crew. You need a name for your crew. Something bad ass like the D-bombs because your Dabomb
So fun!! I think I need a CREW for my first Marathon...LOL
ahh what a crew, they should be able to keep your spirits high no matter what
Your crew looks fantastic! Lucky girl to have friends like that.
What a great group! It'll be so encouraging to know they are there rooting for you!
Post a Comment