We've had really unusual weather here lately with tons of rain and cool temperatures. While it's nice to not have the air conditioning running non stop, it hasn't given me time to get acclimated to the heat and humidity that I'll have on race day. We have 4 weeks to go and that's about the time it takes to get acclimated, so bring on the heat! Good thing the temps are going up and by the end of the week it will be in the upper 80's, hazy and humid. That's the summer weather I'm used to in Philly! Due to the cool temperatures we decided not to push the long run this Sunday to 36 miles and to keep it at 31. Coach felt training has been going so well that rather than push the mileage in our first hot weekend, to save that extra push for race day.
Here's my schedule for the week and a picture of me after I finished the 31 miler a week ago. I hope I look this happy after the Ultra!!
Mon - 7 mi
Tues - 5 mi
Wed - 7 mi
Thurs - off
Fri - 12 mi
Sat - 6 mi (I'll be running 3 of these miles with my sister when she runs her first 5k!!)
Sun - 31 mi
25 comments:
Good luck with your peak week! I'm sure you'll have no trouble banging out these miles. Awesome that you get to join your sister for her first 5K!
That is a great pic, by the way!
Good luck with teh home stretch. You're so close!
PS- I have that same shirt-- but the blue version. We're twins. :o)
Wow, that is some crazy mileage! I know you can do it, though. You're such an amazing runner. I love the pic, too! :D
Good luck with all the miles...that is double what I run each week...Have fun at the 5k!
May as well go for 70! Good job all round. Nice pic!
I'm sending you some good peak week vibes! Running w/your sis for her first 5k is so cool -- that should definitely bring you good luck for the week :-)
What a week! If I know you, you'll do 75 just for the hell of it. :) Where is the ultra?
I can't believe how soon it is!
Good luck with the last week - and even more good luck going into taper madness!
that went so quick. How awesome is it that you enjoyed it. And made it through this crap weather!! :)
That's awesome that your sister is going to be running her first 5k! How long has she been training?
Ronnie
The only concert I HAVE to go to each year is Buffett. It is also the only day of the year I get silly drunk. I view the show like a race--I may be sore the next day, but it was so much fun.
You look like a winner!
Oh, that would be first and LAST 5K.
Wow- i had to make a comment today. You look great in that pic! Your running is going so great lately, keep it up and then enjoy the taper.
Way to go. Big miles & big smiles!!!
Oh, 68 miles? That's it??
I kid - that's insane! 31mi long run is insane! Good luck & have fun :)
Wow! Good luck with the peak week, you will feel almost as good as you did at the 31 miler last Sunday when it's all over!
Quick question - I haven't heard back from anyone in the blogging community, maybe you can help? Do you put your recovery socks in the washer and dryer? I've been hand washing and drying them and I am sick of it! But I was affraid it might ruin them...what do you think!
Have a good week!
68 miles. Wow. Cute pic!!
Boy that went by fast!
I too am sick of the rain!
Great pic! How the heck do you run all those miles?! I am impressed. Glad you get to "taper" and get a break. You've certainly earned it!
seriously i haven't been reading as much cause it makes me so frustrated that i can't run and I'm just dying toooo. But what an amazing thing you're doing!!!
Just completely, absolutely and utterly amazing! You are almost there girl! Enjoy this time because it will all be a hazy memory in a couple months (kinda like childbirth - the afterglow and rewards are forever but somehow the pain leading up to the results fades in your memory after time). I can also equate that feeling with getting a Brazilian wax - ha ha ha! Girls who knows what I'm talking about?? Anyway - have a great peak!
haha i would probably want to make it an even 70 too :) good luck on your last big week!!! you are going to do awesome :)
GOOD LUCK!! Love the tank and the photo, is that a Target tank.. You are doing AWESOME!!
68 miles in one week? Seriously?!
Good luck with it and I'll be rooting for you sister!
wow 68 miles in a week! I don't know how you do it but that is awesome. Good luck with peak week!!! It went by quickly!
Post a Comment