Thursday, June 25, 2009

TIaRT - No One Ever Told Me...

I haven't had much to say this week and with this being my 200th post, I thought I should wait until I had something worthwhile to say. Turns out, I still don't, but I liked the topic of this week's TIaRT so I thought I'd write a little something. The theme for this week is "No one ever told me this about running..."

Fortunately, before I started running I was warned about pooping myself (check), chaffing in terrible places (hasn't happened yet), losing toenails (check), blisters (check), tired legs (check), IT band injuries (check), etc (check). But there was one thing I didn't know about and that was the friendships and bonds I'd make through running. I have met so many amazing people since I started running and created so many new friendships, that I feel truly blessed. It's these friendships that make all the not so fun things I mentioned easy to endure. It's these friendships that get me up at the wee hours of the morning to go for a long run. It's these friendships that make a 31 mile run go by fast AND be fun! It's these friendships that keep me running.

As for my running this week, I have to say, it's just been ok. I had two good 7 mile runs but then my 5 miler this morning wasn't so enjoyable. I felt like a slug. I decided to go in the morning and I just didn't have it in me that early. I have 50 more miles ahead of me between now and Sunday and I'm ready for them! Bring it on!

22 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

The running community is an amazing one indeed! Happy 200th post! Don't worry about having an off day... tomorrow's another day. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 200. I enjoy reading your blog. Here's to the next 200

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

so true! I have met some amazing people and developed awesome friendships thanks to running! Happy 200th post!

Susan said...

Happy 200th post! I love runners...they're all such good people!

Jeanette said...

:) HAPPY THOUGHTS!

Anonymous said...

So true!! In fact I also wrote about the amazing friendships! Its awesome :)

congrats on 200!

Natalie D said...

great post! good call!

raulgonemobile said...

Nice post, and happy 200! It is a great community, you are absolutely right about that.

aNd! said...

Love the enthusiasm for all the miles, amazing!

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more with what you said. There are so many great people in the running community who support each other through good times and bad. Although I am not part of that community (yet), you have given me encouragement on a daily basis and I just wanted you to know that I appreciate it SOOOOOOOO much.

Thanks again!

Ronnie

Marlene said...

Happy 200!

That's a great point. I had no idea that this awesome community existed - what a great find/reward.

Go get those miles!

X-Country2 said...

No one understand runners quite like other runners. :o) Well said.

Aron said...

ohhh i love this :) it is SO true!! i have made some of my best friends through running and my non running friends just dont get it sometimes :)

good luck with the rest of your week!!!

Felice Devine said...

Happy 200th post! Cheers for 200 more :-)

kilax said...

I love how running with a friend makes the run just fly by! You feel like you cold keep going forever!

Irene said...

I've made so many friends from running, whether if it's blogging or from the track club, or seeing the same people at run events. It's such a great community!

Anonymous said...

OMG I admire you so much! You are so organized with your goals & food & running. I wish I could do it. I'm afraid to commit. I'm going to keep following you & maybe I'll work up the nerve.
:)

Jamie said...

Happy 200! The running community is one kickass community!!

RunningLaur said...

Happy 200th!

You're spot on with the friends making it all worthwhile - just for me it's for 3 miles, not 31!

Katie said...

POOPING WHEN YOU RUN!!?! No one told me about this! Haha does it really happen?

Abby said...

What a great post.

Good luck with the next 50 miles!

Toni said...

The running community is great. Congrats on your 200th post!