I slipped these bad boys on after my 31 mile run on Sunday and I think they made a world of difference in how I felt post run. Sunday night, while I admit I was tired, my legs felt great after wearing the socks for a few hours. On Monday, I woke up feeling great! My butt cheeks and bunions hurt a bit, but my legs...they were fine!!! If you haven't tried these out and are putting in the long miles, I highly recommend them. I will definitely be wearing these after all my long runs from here on out. You can order a pair at www.recoverysock.com.
I'm still sort of on cloud nine after the ultra run this past weekend and I can't get over how great I feel. I had a recovery walk on Monday and ran last night and this morning and nothing is hurting or sore. There are only 2 weeks left until the taper begins and I have to say, I'm sort of bummed about it. I've really enjoyed the training and pushing myself with the high weekly mileage and I'm worried I'll get bored going back down to less miles. I'll have to talk to Coach after the Ultra to see if we can work something out with my marathon training to keep the mileage high. We have one more crazy long run before the taper, 36 miles, and I'm looking forward to it!!
My schedule for this week:
Mon - 3 mi recovery walk
Tues - 6 mi
Wed - 7 mi
Thurs - 6 mi
Fri - 22 mi
Sat - 7 mi (then Jimmy Buffett!!)
Sun - off
22 comments:
I have heard lots of good things about those guys. I'll have to invest in them going into my marathon training.
Good luck this week!
WOW. I'm in awe of you, seriously. 36 miles!! This friday's 22 miler will seem so short! I'm so happy you recover from these long runs so well. Amazing.
I hate wearing socks, but I think I'd like the benefit of these critters.. ugh. I'll throw them on my list. what the heck.
You're going to see Jimmy?! That is SO cool!
I'm reading this as my legs are KILLING me from yesterdays speedwork. I think I will have to add these to my wishlist!
Yay recovery socks! I'm definitely convinced.
It's awesome that you have grown to love the high mileage so much. I see more ultras in your future.
You are definitely strong for planning 22 after a 31 on the weekend.
You better watch out the day I can do a three mile "recovery walk" :)
Jimmy Buffet huh? A cystic friend of mine just went to a concert of his courtesy of a non-profit that takes people with chronic illnesses to concerts and treats them like kings/queens for the night. She really enjoyed it and said that he puts on a great show!
Ronnie
I LOVE my compression socks too :)
I haven't seen Buffett in a few years! It's a great time. ENJOY Parrothead!
I think shoreturtle got those socks for like a buck! I think the website had a malfunction. I will look into them when I ramp up the miles in July.
I am glad you tried them I havent heard anything about them until this last marathon and I wondered how well the worked:)
I'm not sure how many people can confidently rock those socks. Glad they work for you.
As for the 20in24, I'll be ready in 5 weeks or so.
One thing we should keep in mind is that we're training in this unusual 65 degree weather and the race is gonna be like 95+. Almost makes you want to wear an extra layer.
I 'm glad you liked the socks, I don't really know if I am a fan or not. I like the color though!
I love recovery socks! 22 miles will seem like a walk in the park after the 31!
I love my pink recovery socks too. :o)
Have a great time at Jimmy!
Definitely going to have to invest in these recovery socks that everyone is raving about!
It's funny that 22 miles will seem "short"...that's some crazy training you've got going on!
Enjoy Buffet- I have seen him and it is great. Even in the rain :)
My cousin works shows at the Tweeter, and she's on sound check for Buffet Saturday - have fun!
I guess I need to get some. Everyone says they are great but I have yet to try them.
Thanks for the link. I think I'll give compression socks a try.
My Recovery Socks should be here any day. I can't wait! Have a great run today!
I totally agree! Recovery socks are the best. Part of my routine now.
31 miles! 36 miles. incredible. i can't wait for you to do an ultra. and so great you feel so good after those long runs. marathons will seem so short to you after this! hope you have a great running week.
Post a Comment