I am SO happy it's Friday!! After this week, I only have one full week of work left between now and the new year. I love short work weeks!!
This was my last big week of mileage before my taper starts next week and things went pretty well. I ended up taking off Tuesday for my birthday but I'll make up that 5 miler on Sunday. Last night I ran 8 miles with the middle six around marathon pace (8:20). I ran the first 4 miles at 8:15 and the last 2 miles at 8:10. This run wasn't as easy as the previous weeks and I actually thought the mid 6 miles felt down right hard at times. I kept reminding myself that I held around a 7:50 for the Philly Distance Run (half marathon) and that felt easy. I'm really hoping the excitement of race day, and being well rested from the taper, will make this 8:20 pace feel easy. But even though I was feeling a little beat up and tired last night, I still found myself speeding up. When I struggle to keep pace, it's never that I slow down. Instead I speed up!! This has me a little worried that I'll get caught up on race day and go out too fast. But knowing I do it, I'll have to make sure I keep it in check.
After the 8 miler last night, I was up and at it less than 12 hours later with a 5 miler this morning. I did it on my new treadmill and let me tell you...staring at a cement wall for 5 miles is not very exciting. And to make matters worse, it didn't help that I was still tired from the effort last night. But I got through it and now I have the whole day to rest up before my last 20 miler of the training season. I might be meeting up with Natalie tomorrow for the run. My first blogger meet up!!What should I wear? Will she like me? Oh, the pressure!! :-)
Hope everyone has a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
16 comments:
Blogger meet ups are the BEST! I'm telling you, you will have so much fun and start chatting each other's ears off like long lost friends!!! Have fun and Happy Halloween!!!
I would love to meet some of my blogger friends. I just told Brad last night, "I love my blogger friends. They are so supportive!" Have fun!!!
Great job on those MP miles. They will no doubt feel much easier on race day, being well-rested, well-fueled and EXCITED!
have a great weekend!! Have fun at your meet-up if it goes through.
Great job on getting the miles done! And you need a TV down there! That's the only way I can do it! Happy Halloween! :)
A blogger date. What fun! That will make your last long run fly by. Great job getting those miles in. Enjoy your run and Hpapy Halloween!
have a good 20 miler... I wish I could have a bloggy meet up.... happy halloween
you get to meet natalie, I am so jealous!! she is a sweetie. I hope I can come race with you both some day, even though you will leave me eating your dust.
seriously only 1 full week of work, how did you swing all those days off
Yeah, the basement 'mill can be boredom city.
HAVE FUN meeting Natalie! So cool!
Great job on getting your miles in. Have fun on you blogger meet up!
Awesome training!
Have a Happy Halloween!! You need to set up a TV (even if it is tiny) in front of your treadmill. I take my computer with me and watch movies while I run - it helps the time go by much faster!
You gotta hang something up to look at while on the mill! Cement walls aren't always inspiring, I've heard ;)
Good luck with your 20, & have a great blogger meetup!
Good for you for doing your five miles, in spite of having to do in on the treadmill. Have a wonderful 20-miler tomorrow!
Super happy BELATED birthday!!! Sorry for being a bad friend :(
Ronnie
way to work the training
haha, I'm just reading this now - too cute! I just have the memory of walking in the darkness and calling out your name in hopes you would answer. That was fun :) Glad the 20 went so well for you. You looked strong!! :)
Post a Comment