We arrived down town in just enough time to hit the port o' pots and get to our corrals. It was PACKED!! We literally couldn't get through the gate to corral 3 so we had to climb under the fence in corral 4 and weasel our way to #3. Anyway, we got to our starting spot with 3 minutes to spare. They started in waves this year with each corral having their own start. I personally thought this was great but if I was in corral 18, I might have thought different. I imagine it took a while for those people to get the official start gun.
Anyway, my goal was to start off at an 8:00 minute mile and then speed up from there. Well, of course that didn't go exactly as planned and I found myself running a 7:42 to start. But you know what, it felt good so I went with it. The race through the city went quick and before I knew it we were heading back towards the start with about 4 miles under our belt. We passed thousands and thousands of runners who were just starting and for the first time in my running career I felt a touch of confidence...I was in the front. Hard to explain, but it felt good. So we continued on and before long I found myself right back on the 8.4 mile loop I ran 6 times this summer during my Ultra. Knowing this part of the course really helped mentally. I knew I just had to cross Falls Bridge and then I would be on my way "home", as I like to call it. At mile 9 the pace got the best of me and I started to go down mentally. My legs weren't turning over as easily as they had been and I started to psych myself out. But I fought back the fears of not being able to finish and just tried to remind myself of how comfortable the pace felt and that I was indeed...ok.
So enough babble, here's the important stuff. I finished with a time of 1:42:37. A HUGE PR for me, beating my current PR of 1:46:48. When I crossed the finish line I was tired but I wasn't spent. I was not breathing heavy or exhausted...but I was on the verge of tears. I honestly have ZERO confidence in myself and to finish at 1:42:37 was such a big deal. I kept saying to myself over and over, "I can't believe I just did that." This finish time has me at a 3:33 to 3:35 marathon time, which is the BQ I'm looking for. Eeek....I'm ready to go get that BQ, people. I'm soooo ready!!!
*sigh*...I've been on cloud nine all day. I could not be happier with the effort I put forth today. I live for pushing myself and I will continue to do so. It may be hard and out of my comfort zone, but it's definitely the way I like to do things. Bring on the next 9 weeks of training!!
Stats (total finishers: 12247)
Clock Time 1:44:47
Chip Time 1:42:37
Overall Place 1998 / 12247
Gender Place 407 / 6394
Division Place 81 / 1215
Age Grade 64.4%
Pace 7:50
Ttlrace 12247
Ttldiv1215
Ttlsex 6394
5 Km 24:35
10 Km 48:47
10 Mi 1:18:29
45 comments:
Congratulations - what a fantastic showing!!
That ultra training clearly didn't hurt your speed :) You're going to fly through Philly in November.
You should have confidence in yourself Denise, you are an amazing runner!! Well done and congrats on the PR, beam away!
wow, good for you, I've been following your posts before this latest run, Congrats!!!
WOW awesome PR! You should have tons of confidence, you are a kick a$$ runner!! Keep up the good work!
DENISE! Holy wow, congratulations! Way to smoke your A goal and totally surprise yourself. I hope this helps in the confidence department because CLEARLY you need to have faith in yourself. You are amazing! So proud of you. Enjoy cloud 9!
That's awesome Denise. Way to take it to that race. You rock and are an inspiration!
Wow!! Awesome..congratulations!!!
you did so well! All of these PRs reminds me of my pre-baby self! Hoping to get back there! Congrats again! Would love to get together for some long runs once I pump up the speed so as not to slow you down! Your pace today was my pace for broad street last year. I know I can do it! (but not for 26.2)
wooowhoooo! awesome!!!!!
pictures? .. please :)
Great job!!!!! You did it, Nezzie Wedgie Aboriginie!
Yay for another PR!!! Congrats!
Congrats on the great run!
I was in coral 15 (I am slllowwww) and yes, it was a pain getting through all the people!!!)
WOW! Congrats! You did absolutely amazing! Well deserved PR!
Sounds like a perfect race! You'll BQ for sure! For sure! Congrats!
YAYAYAY!!! I'm so excited reading this! Congratulations!!! You should be loaded with confidence. Think of how much ass you have kicked in the past two years! You're amazing!
You are amazing!! Congrats!! BQ is in the bag!
CJ
Congratulations! Great job!
Yay! Awesome race! Congrats on the huge PR, and I hope you believe in yourself to go get that BQ that you deserve in November!
SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! :) Great job! I promise, when you run Boston, I'll be there to meet you at the finish line!!!
Congrats to your new PR!!! Way to hunker down through the tough times and pull through with success! You are unbelievable :)
Rock on girl! Way to PR like a champ! Congrats!!! I knew you had it in ya!
Congrats on the PR!!! That's fantastic!
I ran the PDR as well but just a little slower than you (2:11) :). It was a great day and a great race!
Woo-hoo!! Awesome PR!
Congratulations! I'm glad that the race was a confidence booster. Way to go!
rockstar a 4 minute PR is amazing!! I bet going through the area you did your ULTRA was huge, just the idea that you only had to do it once!
Yah! Great finish and PR! BQ is sooo within your reach now! You don't give yourself enough credit! Bring on the BQ training! Whoo hoo! :)
You're so freaking fast!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Awesome job! I think you'd better change that whole "no confidence in myself" thing, it doesn't really fit. :)
Wicked fast! Great race!
Awesome, awesome, awesome! What a great job!!! Congrats!
I am sure there is an e-mail address I missed to report this, but my % is 4.0. Congrats again on your rockin' HM!
Congratulations! That is a great PR! Well done!
That's a great pace, congrats.
Hope your marathon training goes well.
WOW! Great time! Congrats!
Congratulations! What a great time.
That is amazing! Congratulations.
You freaking rocked Girlfriend! Holy cow you were flying! What a great job! :) Congrats and enjoy the new PR!
NIIIICE! That BQ is all yours!
Congrats congrats congrats!!!! I PR'd this weekend too! Hoooray for the PDR!
What an amazing PR - congratulations!!!
you are freaking awesome!!! 1:42 is SUCH a great time, you will have that BQ for sure :) congrats girl!
Check out those stats lady - you're a running amazing super hero!! What a great race!!
Freaking awesome PR! You are so speedy!!! Congrats!!!
Great job, you did so amazing. Congrats speedy lady!!
Awesome Job! I could only dream of running that fast!
Post a Comment