Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Funday

It's amazing how much nicer a Sunday is when you know you don't have to work the next day. I wish this was every week!!

So far the long weekend has been going great. I got my 14 miler in on Friday and that was a great way to kick things off. Of course, a half mile into it I had to find a bathroom. Luckily I was near a high school track which wasn't locked and I was able to use the bathrooms there. I was in a residential neighborhood and it would have sucked to have to duck into someone's backyard. Eeek.

My off day was scheduled for today but I decided to take yesterday off instead. I went for a nice walk then did P90X. I did the leg/back work out and am feeling the effects of the squats today. But it's the good soreness. I've missed my squat Sundays!! It's absolutely beautiful out right now so I'm about to head out for a run. I have 6 to do but think it's going to be hard to stop...it feels like one of those days where it's just so nice you want to keep going.

Before I leave, I wanted to tell you guys about Sensible Foods. They are "crunch dried fruit snacks." Each bag is equivalent to one or more of you daily fruit or vegetable servings and they are 100% natural, gluten free with no added sugar or preservatives. These snacks are really crunchy and the natural flavor is intense. I thought they were a great on the go snack and I felt good eating it knowing I was getting a serving of fruit/vegetable without the added sugars in other dried fruit. The cost per bag (0.75oz) comes to about $1.70. While I really liked these, I'm not sure I'd pay almost $2 for a bag. If you're looking for a satisfying snack that will fill you up, I don't think this will cut it. But with that being said, I love the idea of having these on trips, where you don't have many healthy options. They are an easy way to get some fruit/veggies...and they taste good. Based on taste alone, I'm giving these 7 biscuits.


11 comments:

RunningLaur said...

Enjoy the long weekend!

My old office used to have similar 'fruit snacks' that I liked, but wouldn't pay for myself. The corn option is different though - maybe like a healthy frito almost?

Toni said...

Enjoy your long run and weekend!

Marlene said...

Long weekends are the best!!!

Nice job on the 14 miler... and thank goodness for the washroom!

RunToTheFinish said...

ok i love that your off day includes PX90! that's totally something I would do!

Abby said...

I love dried fruit like that, but I definitely limit the purchases, because the prices can add up so quickly!

Laurel said...

Glad you're having a great weekend. The weather has been amazing this week!

Norma said...

Hey there! :) If you have a minute, would you stop by and give me any tips you might have for my first 5k, which is coming up this Saturday (that is, if it doesn't rain buckets...)? I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also registered for a five mile run in November (I've never run more than 3 miles in a row before) so any ideas on building up to that would be really appreciated, too!

X-Country2 said...

Yay for long runs on long weekends! Sounds like you had a good one.

RunToTheFinish said...

good news!! I am down .07%

Marci said...

Hope your long run went well. I am down 2.0%

joyRuN said...

I'm amazed you're doing P90X along with marathon training - INTENSE!