Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another Year in the Books (and Final Results)

I turned 33 yesterday. Another year in the books. Dare I say that each year is better than the one before it? I hope I didn't just jinx myself, but it's true. Looking back over the past 10 years, it just keeps getting better. I'm excited to see what this year brings me especially since a lot of the stressful things we've been dealing with for a few years are behind us. My running really took off last year...I ran my first marathon and my first Ultra. And I'm hoping to have a repeat of last year, with some significant improvements!! Anyway, as I blew out my candle last night, I decided that I'm going to spend this year focusing on me and my health. Spiritually, mentally, physically. From here on out, as I get older, I'm also going to get healthier. Here's to another good year...and thankfully, I'm not in my "mid" thirties yet. I still round down to 30!!

The competition ended yesterday. We lost a lot of people along the way but from the emails I got from the last few people still in it, it seemed to keep a lot of you on track. Congrats to everyone for sticking with it.

27-Oct
Ace - 2 %
Amanda - 3.4 %
Denise - 0.32 %
Hoodie - 3.3 %
Janice - 9 %
Jeanette - 0.95 %
Katelyn - 2.2 %
Laura - 2.8 %
Lisa - 1.6 %
Marci - 5.8 %
Natalie - 1.3 %

Janice, since you won, you get first pick of prizes. Up for grabs is a gift certificate (1) to Mix My Granola or a gift package (2) from Dr. Kracker. Winners, email me at dclaffey76@yahoo.com so I can get your address to give to the gracious hosts of the competition.

21 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Happy Belated my luv and congrats on a most excellent year!!! Amazing what you can accomplish in a year once you set your mind to it huh?

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

Happy Birthday! I must say 33 has been pretty good to me! I hope to do an Ultra in the future too!

Katie A. said...

Happy Belated Birthday! And congrats to all the winners!
Can't wait to see what the year holds for you! :)

Jill said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I clicked on your ultra blog post and read that and was truly in awe! I am a ultra-wannabe and I think 2010 is going to have to be the year. Would love to pick your brain about your experience more, if I could?? Someone told me to do a 50 miler first cuz if you do a 50K, you may never want to dabble in anything farther...so that's the plan. eeks.

I love your blog! Thanks!

Laura said...

Happy Belated! Congrats to the weight loss group. I was happy with my little loss.
Wow, there were some great results...

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Happy Birthday! You've had a great year. Running ultras amazes me. I have local friends who do it but I just haven't made the plunge yet. I know you are going to be experincing many more amazing things in your next year. Thanks for sharing your experinces and inspiring me to want to try more.

RunningLaur said...

Happy birthday! :)
You're on track to have another fantastic year!

Jeanette said...

Congratulations, girls! At least I beat you, Denise! I'll be reminding you of that for a while :)

As you work on yourself this year "spiritually" I think you should go back to church and earn some graces!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Happt belated B-day... 33, YAY.. I am about 9 months behind you.

loved the challenge. 14 pounds down makes me very happy. Another 10 to go and I will be one happy women. :)

janni329@yahoo.com
I pick the Mix your granola

Marlene said...

First and foremost - Happy Birthday! Here's hoping things keep getting better and better for you.

Congratulations to those who had so much success with the challenge! Janice and Marci, WOW!

I had a tough time finding my focus, but I've started fresh this week and so far, so good. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated and congrats on such a wonderful and exicitng year!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday!!! 32-33 was quite a year for you, here's to another great year!!

RunToTheFinish said...

what you had a birthday and let is pass without letting us all sing to you!!!
crazy girl!!!
wahoooooo I win..but I'm not done yet!

Felice Devine said...

Happy birthday!!!

I remember way back to 33...enjoy it! :-)

And congrats to the winners.

Norma said...

Happy Birthday! 33? pfffttt... a mere baby!!! :) You're just gettin' started!!!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday!!!! I turn 32 this coming week, and yesterday I had a panic that I'm almost 40. haha. I like your round down thoughts!

joyRuN said...

No JOKE your running took off last year!

Happy Birthday :)

Abby said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like some great goals for the coming year.

Bruce said...

Happy Birthday!! You got same birthday has my running buddy.

CJ said...

Happy Birthday!!

CJ

Marci said...

Gosh I am behind on my commenting!! Happy belated birthday Denise, I will send you an e-mail. thanks for this challenge. I am down 8lb, but I really want another 10. This gave me a kickstart!