Overall: 145 / 1147
Female: 27 / 537
Age group (F30-34): 6 / 97
Anyway, I woke up Sunday morning feeling the hills from the race in my quads but it actually felt good to be a little sore. I knew I raced hard and put in a good effort. I followed up the race with a 17 mile run on Sunday. I had 18 on the schedule but between being tired from early wake up calls all week and sore from the race, when I hit my car at 17 miles I called it quits. It was a great 17 miles, though and I rewarded myself for a full week of hard workouts with a complete rest day yesterday. But today I was up and at 'em again at 5am for an 8 mile run with a "climb the ladder" workout. I had so much fun with this run and climbing the ladder made the run go by so fast. Here's the workout: after I warmed up for 2 miles, I ran 1 minute at my 10k pace (7:24). Jog (9:05) for a minute, then 2 minutes at 7:24, jog for a minute, then 3 minutes at 7:24, then take it back down to 1 minute. So, it looks like this: 1 min 10k/1 min jog/2 min 10k/1 min jog/3 min 10k/1 min jog/2 min 10k/1 min jog/1 min 10k/1 min jog...repeat. The 7:24 pace felt great and I was very comfortable at it. Breathing and form were fine and when the workout was all said and done, I wanted more!!
I was hoping to have my giveaway up by now but I'm not quite ready. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have it posted. Stay tuned!
Here's my schedule for the week:
Mon - off
Tues - 8 mi, climb the ladder
Wed - 4 mi (lift)
Thurs - 4 mi (plus cardio)
Fri - 20 mi
Sat - 8 mi
Sun - off (cardio/lift)
19 comments:
i really like that climb the ladder idea! did you do it on the tm? seems like it'd be perfect for a good tm session
Great plan. I can only dream of 7:24 being my 10k time. I am at 10:15.
I was also wondering if you did this one on the 'mill.. I'm thinking the 1 minute intervals might be tough to keep track of outside. Great job!
That's some serious running. Great job for that!
you're doing awesome. So jealous as you go into spring season ready to RUMBLE!
you make me laugh...I was tired so I did 17 instead of 18 :) Love it!
ITB issue not withstanding, I'm really super excited about my training plan and hope I can follow it to really get my mileage back up and get faster
you are a machine.
Nice job on the long run the day after an awesome race - a super running weekend!
I like to do ladder workouts at the track - 400, 800, 1200, 1600, 1200, 800, 400 - breaks it up a little.
Wow! i just have to say again that your blog is a total inspiration to me, as a new runner. You're awesome!
The day after 17 miles you do a fast ladder workout!
And you are seriously fast. Great workout. I am just to lazy...I just run. I guess that is why I don't get faster. If I ever want to be under 3:30 in a marathon I will have to start listening to all these great ideas!!
I know I am a little late, but congrats on the new PR. It is really cool when you can time everything just right to be able to put together that stellar effort and set a new land speed record!
Great work...
I like the ladder idea. Anything to break up the endless miles is a good thing to me.
Great job again. Wow, GREAT response to the anonymous jerk. Too bad you were a slacker and "only" ran 17 miles instead of 18. Yes, I'm kidding...by the way, I like "BQ." Us runners know what you're talking about, and it sounds kinda "cool."
I like that workout - going to have to try it at some point.
The season's barely started & you're already kicking major @$$!
Awesome! Love that you were able to have a great 17miler after the race. That's terrfic.
I really hope you don't have to run your 20 on the mill :-(
I hope obnoxious commenter gets to find out how awesome you're going to do at Shamrock!! Nice job here, girl!! Happy Thursday!
HAhaha, you said BQ. LOVE IT! Belated congrats on your PR! You've worked so hard, these rewards are all well deserved :) Have a great weekend!
Fact: Boston qualifying times are simply a way to limit entries and have no basis as a "gold standard" in marathon performance. If Boston was to reduce the race field to 10,000 runners, qualifying times would change - today's 3:30 for a specific gender/age group would probably change to 3:15/3:20.
Fact: Boston is now a did-a-thon and is not even in the top 20 toughest marathons.
Post a Comment