Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back to My Old Self!

So far this week, I have got up at 5am to take advantage of my free trial membership at the Y. Even though it involves getting up at the crack of dawn, I absolutely love it. Over the past few months I had been feeling not myself; not really sure where I was at with my fitness goals, not loving my workout routine, etc. But that poopiness is gone! In just 3 short days, I feel like my old self again. My workouts this week have been GREAT...I'm sweaty and gross after them and loving every second of it. Nothing beats a nice sweaty workout where you know you worked hard. I feel so at home at the gym and from the second I walk in, I'm happy. I have an hour and a half to work out before I need to head home and get ready for work and honestly, I'm not ready to leave when it's time to go. I could literally spend all day there and this just reinforces that getting my personal training certification is the right direction for me.

Update on my back…it's not too good. I'm able to work out cause once I'm upright I'm ok. It's the standing up from sitting that is painful and it takes a few seconds to be able to straighten out and walk right. Not sure what this means for my upcoming race on Saturday but I guess if I can't race it, I'll still run for fun. I placed 3rd in my age group last year, running 5 miles in 38:33, and I really wanted to beat that this year. I would love to see my finish time start with 37...

One last thing before I go, I've posted a lot of new reviews lately. Please check them out, hopefully you'll stumble across something new that you might want to try. Since I mentioned my love of sweating up above, I wanted to show you these cute towels that the nice people at inperspire sent me.


Aren't they cute?? They are the perfect size (16x25 in) and so soft! They have a ton of choices, with really cute sayings, and they are only $10!! I think they make the perfect little gift for anyone who exercises and I already know a few people who will be getting one from me. I'm giving inperspire 10 biscuits!

Stayed tuned for an upcoming GIVEAWAY!!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ordered the Sweat is Sexy one last week! I love them!

Anonymous said...

hahah sweat is sexy! and yay for workouts feeling great:)

Ewa said...

I love 'sweat is sexy' shirt. I ought to wear one when I go to my Y (also at 5am). I think I am the sweatest person there, at least at that hour. But then again it does not take much to make me all drenched in sweat.

Boris T said...

Nice, although I don't think they'd fit me.

joyRuN said...

I feel my best when I'm a big ol' sweaty stinky mess ;)

Glad to hear you're feeling better, except for the back issue. Maybe some good ol' yoga stretching?

Good luck this weekend!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I hope your back doesn't give you too much trouble. It sounds rather painful.

Run strong in your reace this weekend.

Nice score on the towels.

On another note: sorry if my guest posting said something you didn't care for. If you'd like to email me (shellyrm at yahoo) about it feel free. That would be better than me wondering what you really wanted to say about it.

Toni said...

Glad to hear you are feeling like your "old self." I think we all go through stages like that.

The towels are super cute!

Michelle said...

Cute towels. Glad you are enjoying the gym - it's nice to have a change of scenery every now and again. Hope the back is better soon. Good luck Sat!

Johann said...

Glad you're feeling more yourself. I get up very early to run before work. Some days 3:30AM. Yesterday I was up at 3:50 and worked to 11PM. Long day but worth it. Keep enjoying!

Teamarcia said...

Sounds like you've had some great workouts. Hope your back is feeling better.

Laura said...

That sucks about the back...I have had a few periods of back pain - e.g. I was in bed and could not get out at all - and it was not fun.
if sweat is sexy I am a supermodel. I sweat like a guy. (a big one)

Billie said...

So do you mind sharing what you do at the gym? I'd love to hear what kind of workouts you do and how you plan it out!

Glad you feel like you got your mojo back. I am kind of in the same boat. I haven't been working out regularly because I jsut don't feel like running is what's doing it lately. I think I need to get back into the gym, too!

Marlene said...

Glad you are making good use of that trial membership and getting back into your groove at the gym. What a great way to start the day. I've slacked off on my morning workotus, but I think you've inspired me to get back at it!

Katie A. said...

Hope your back holds up for Saturday - I def see a 37:xx in your five mile future!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we are on the same schedule to go to the Y in the morning (i.e. 5:00 am). There's nothing like making your workout the first priority of the day. Whatever happens the rest of the day, you know you took care of yourself first.

Glad to know you are feeling better. Hang in there!

Felice Devine said...

Glad you're back to your old self, but sorry about the back. That's no good.

Those towels are so cute!

Abby said...

Glad to hear you're having fun!

Sending thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

haha I love the towels!

RunToTheFinish said...

can't believe you've been able to exercise so much with your back being that bad

Anonymous said...

I think those towels are great!! I need to get some! How has the Y been going the rest of the week?

RunningLaur said...

Glad you're feeling back to normal with working out!

Dana said...

I really love these towels!! Def will be getting one in the near future.