Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chobani GIVEAWAY!!

Chobani recently sent me some yogurts to try out and they are willing to spread the love by giving some Chobani to one lucky winner.


But before we get to that, I gotta tell you what I think of it first. Chobani uses milk which is free from synthetic growth hormones and supplied from local farms. The yogurt is all natural, with no artificial sweeteners (love that!) or preservatives and twice the amount of protein as regular yogurt. In a 6oz cup there are 100-160 calories, depending on flavor, and around 13g of protein. They have a large variety of flavors and the fruit in the yogurt is great. I'm usually grossed out by yogurts which have clumpy gross fruit in them but this is not the case with Chobani. My favorite flavors are honey and pineapple.

Now, there is one downside to the yogurt...sugar. The pineapple flavor, for example, has 18g of sugar. I tend to eat plain yogurt to avoid added sugars but for a treat now and then, these are definitely worth it. If you're concerned about sugar, you could choose the plain flavor which has 7 grams. Regardless, I really like these yogurts and think they are a perfect post run recovery snack. Since they are a little expensive, I won't be eating these every day, but I will be purchasing these to have in the house. I'm giving Chobani 9 Biscuits

In order to enter the giveaway, visit Chobani at http://www.chobani.com/ and tell me one little thing you like about the site, something you learned, the flavor you want to try, etc. Oh, and you have to be a follower of this blog. :-)  I'll pick a winner by random number generator on March 4th. Good luck!!

This contest is open to US residents only.

38 comments:

Marathonman101108 said...

I LOVE their yogurt. I learned that they have a new flavor, Strawberry Banana. I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the great giveaway.

Kate M said...

I really want to try their yogurt! I definitely want to try the strawberry banana flavor. Yum!

Nutritious is Delicious said...

Hey! I am a follower and I have actually never tried Chobani! I visisted their site and learned that they have new greek yogurt made esp for kids and it looks like something I'd like to try...HoneyNana and Chocolate...sign me up! But I love yogurt and greek yogurt has loads of protein, so I am always in for some all natural protein!

T said...

I'm skeptical that a yogurt with lumpy pieces of fruit would be good but the Honey sounds delicious. And pomegranate yogurt?! Seriously? I'd be willing to try lumpy pieces of fruit for pomegranate. Yum!

Anonymous said...

I miss having Yogurt! I've been trying to watch my sugars, so I would love to try their plain yogurt! I like that they have a whole recipe section on their site. I saw a recipe for Cho-Tatoes? ...Yum, Yum give me some :)

Erin said...

I FINALLY found Chobani yogurt at my grocery store last week...but they only had three flavors and I know from the website they have so many more :-( I tried the strawberry banana one and liked it! Now I really want to try the honey one. Dear Random Number Generator, please pick me!

Erin said...

Oh, I also follow your blog.

Keri said...

Oooh I would like to try the honey. So far I've loved every flavor I've tried, but have not yet had the honey!

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

I have heard of Chobani forever, but still have not tried it..I would love to try the honey flavored!

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

And...of course, I am a follower!

Teamarcia said...

Hi I'm already a follower and I've never tried Chobani but am totally into Greek yogurt. I love that they have recipes on their site!

Anonymous said...

i've never tried it but the pomegranate one looks great!

Anonymous said...

and i'm a follower now :)

N.D. said...

I love Chobani! Our market just started carrying more flavors - honey, pomegranate... but the strawberry banana sounds like one I'd want to try! What I love about chobani is how you can print coupons from their site!

Kaizen Fashion Project said...

I'd love to try Honey!

RunToTheFinish said...

With my new goal to get more protein, greek yogurt is perfect! I see that strawberry banana has 14 grams!

Norma said...

LOVE Chobani; also wish it didn't have so much sugar. I have 4 oz. three or four times a week and always for breakfast (90 min before I get to the gym) so at least that sugar gets used for energy. The kids' Chobani cups are good too, but not at ALL thick like the regular Chobani...they're actually almost drinkable consistency. OIKOS is another greek yogurt and it comes in 4-pack cups of vanilla with honey that are AWESOME.

joyRuN said...

There is a lot of sugar in yogurts, so I usually buy the plain greek yogurt & add my own honey/fruit.

Suzy said...

I'd love to try the honey! We have blueberry flavored in the stores here, but I would love to try more. And yes, I'm a follower.

#unmatched said...

I want to try the pomegrante flavor and didn't know(till i vistited their website) that they made an 0 % plain flavor, am going to look for that at the market for certain.

Unknown said...

Thanks for you comments on my blog about the P90X pics!

Tracy said...

I am a follower and I checked out Chobani's website. My favorite thing about them that I learned from the website is that they give 10% to charity and encourage giving. I would love to check out this product since I haven't seen it here at all.

Journey2Goal said...

I LOVE Chobani! My grocery store just took the price down 20 cents per container making it only 99 cents now!
I saw on the website how 10% of their profit goes to charities and I think that is awesome!

Wendy said...

I think the cost of the Greek yogurt has always kept me away, but I am willing to try anything once!! The Honey flavor sounds really good!!

Natalie said...

I love chobani though I rarely buy it because of the price. my favorite thing about their website are their delicious recipes, have you checked those out?! yum!

ps. i'm a follower via google reader :)

RunningLaur said...

Chobani is a brand that I haven't tried yet, but I've heard great things. I like the navigation tabs on the top of the screen, which makes the site easy to navigate. However, with the video that pops up on the main header of the screen, the page took a while to load on my not-so-awesome wifi connection.

Megan said...

I just bought some of the blueberry chobani. I couldn't find any plain Greek. I haven't yet eaten any I still had another brand. I recently started eating Greek. I don't normally like yogurt. But my belly has been acting up last wk.

Jenna Z said...

I didn't know they had a line targeted at kids! I've never seen Chobani Champions in stores but I really want to try the chocolate flavor!!!

Marianne said...

Woo Hoo, love me some Chobani!! Complete greek yogurt addict. I like the "Spread the Good" page...it's nice to see that they give a % of their profits to charities. And I love the fact that they have coupon button (which I have used many times)!!;-) Some of they flavors I can't find in my neck of the woods unfortunately. oh, and I am a follower of the blog.

Allie said...

I love the recipes, I'm totally going to try the cho-nana bread, it looks so yummy.

Anonymous said...

I love Greek yogurt! I've bought Chobani before but had no idea about their Spread the Good Campaign! I think that's awesome! I'd love to try the pomegranate flavor...my store doesn't have that! Oh and I'm a follower new follower of yours :)

Paige (The Last Doughnut) said...

I would like to try the honey. I haven't seen any honey flavored yogurt in my area. My grocery store just started carrying Chobani about two months ago. I have yet to try it, but I sure need to!

Katey said...

Even with all the sugar, I'd like to try the pineapple. I've heard rave reviews on other blogs!

Robyn said...

I love any Chobani but especially the pomegranite. It's delish!!

Laura E said...

Thanks so much for the opportunity! I'd love to try their peach flavor the most. Their recipes look so good--I think that the Cho-tatoes would be great for an Easter dinner.

Felice Devine said...

I'm a follower! I would like to try all of the flavors but I guess honey the most, since I've never had honey yogurt.

Unknown said...

I love the pineapple flavor! I've heard that due to the enzymes in the pineapple, they can only make it with 2% and not non-fat yogurt.

Amy Lauren said...

I would like to enter :). I love the Chobani Blueberry yogurt. I visited the site and learned a lot- I didn't know they had a pomegranate flavor- I guess my grocery store doesn't carry very many flavors of this. All of the champions flavors sound really good too. One grocery store in town here is expanding so I hope when they do, they start carrying some other flavors :). I've only had the blueberry & the peach.