Mother Nature is really cramping my style. Why can't we get a snow storm during the week and get a day off work? And if it has to snow on the weekend, can't it start at noon on Saturday after my long run? I'm telling you, I used to love winter. But training this winter has made me start to pray for Spring! We're looking at 8-14 inches of snow coming our way, starting today around 5pm. Needless to say, this messed up my Saturday long run plans. I'm not sure how you deal with glitches in your training plan, but I don't handle it well at all! I tried to not let this bother me. But yea, that didn't work AT ALL. I have a schedule and I like to stick to it! All day/night yesterday this looming storm stressed me out. Should I get up at 4am to do it before work on Friday? Should I attempt it on the treadmill (if it wasn't for staring at a cement wall while on my treadmill, this option would have won)? Wait until Sunday and hope the roads are clear enough? What's a girl to do??
Well, I decided to get up early this morning and I got 4 miles out of the way on the treadmill. I got into work extra early so I can head out around 3pm. I have all my clothes/gear laid out and ready to go so I can hopefully be out on the roads by 3:30 for the remaining 16 miles. While I prefer not to split up a 20 mile run, I know for sure I'll be running on tired legs and it will be good training. My legs have been pretty shot this week. It started Tuesday night with that fast 8 mile run with the running club. Then I was up early the next morning lifting, legs included. Yesterday I got up at 5am and ran 8 miles with 8 x 200s. I was beat after this and to make it worse, I was on my feet for most of the day at work. So if the 4 miles I ran this morning were any indication, I'm positive the 16 this afternoon will be a challenge. But of course, I'm fine with that. It will all be worth it when I get to sleep in tomorrow and have a lazy, snowed-in day with Andy.
Don't forget the Road ID giveaway...it ends Sunday!
17 comments:
seriously, enough with the snow already. I am doing my long run on the treadmill this week because of it. Good for you getting it over with today! Hope it goes well.
Enjoy your sleep in -- you've earned it!
You are hardcore, woman! Sucks that the weather keeps throwing you curve balls, but you know how to handle it.
Good luck with the 16 and enjoy that sleep-in tomorrow!
And all I want to do is run in the snow this weekend.
It's great that you've worked out a way to slip in your 20-miler today.
I am so over the snow too! I have 8+ and I am not looking forward to it either out in the cold or on the treadmill.
Sounds like a good compromise to get it all in.
Enjoy getting snowed in - or come out to Wissahickon and play! :)
Good luck and kick @ss girl! I seriously don't know how ya'll train up there during the winter but I give you mad props! Get those runs in and how ever you can!
Hardcore girly, hardcore! I don't know how you people get up so dang early to run! I hope you get that 16 in and be safe!
Enjoy your snowed-in day with Andy :)
The weather -- and life -- constantly mess around with my training schedule. This is why I have not met my weekly milage goal YET, almost 5 weeks into my schedule. 4 am is simply not an option, but you are wildly hardcore for doing so (same with the treadmill). What do I do? WIsh I coud have gone, roll over and go back to bed. I suck!
You have had a great week of training! Enjoy sleeping in and your lazy day!
Man you inspire me. Agreed I don't like interputions to my workout plan
Nice job squeezing a run in!
I'm really glad I'm not training for anything right now. The last big storm in December canceled my last long run before taper for the Goofy Challenge.
I am stubborn, and would not let my training suffer! I ran 20 miles on the treadmill instead. Lots of trashy TV on my laptop kept me distracted pretty well. My previous treadmill distance PR was only 6 or 8 miles before that!
yes..Isn't this snow just lovely?? I'm done with it. I'm still trying to get into my running groove, and doing it on the treadmill with the circus mirror staring at me isn't fun. Can't wait for Spring!!!
We're getting a 'new storm' this weekend here out on the West Coast that's going to dump 12"-36" of snow on our local mountians..... I'm guessing you'll get your 'snow' day late next week....
Some serious training there! Great stuff! Hope you get some good rest as well.
You are so tough -- I love it! I hope you are enjoying some well-earned relaxation.
I've substituted shoveling for running, at least until I can reach the trails again here in VA.
Post a Comment