Friday, January 15, 2010

To My Anonymous Commentor

I received the following anonymous comment to my last post and wanted to say a few things. I hope I don't offend any of my loyal readers but I'm sure a lot of us have had some jerko leave a stupid comment at one point or another. We put a lot out there for people to read and I think it's insensitive to leave a nasty comment. Anyway, the comment was...

"Geez, can you type BQ one more time before those two keys on your keyboard wear out?"

My thoughts:

1) Why post anonymous? If you have something to say, man up and say it without hiding behind the anonymous ID. If you had included your name, so we could of had a mature conversation, I wouldn't have deleted the comment. I'm open to whatever anyone has to say, but don't be a sissy about it.

2) In case you haven't noticed, this is *MY* blog. It's my thoughts, my stories, my life. If you don't like what I'm saying, stop reading. Seriously, why read something that is clearly bothering you? I have 241 awesome followers, I don't need you.

3) I'm sorry the two letters B Q are a sensitive subject for you. Maybe you'll like these two better... F U.

Peace out Peeps!! Have an great weekend. :-)

BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ

52 comments:

N.D. said...

Oh man. I've had several comments that are questionable, like judging me - telling me that I should in no way force my kid to be a vegetarian, since I Think I said one time he hadn't had meat yet. Seriously? Haha. I love your post.

Laura said...

Love it! If I ever BQ I will have flashing lights around it and noises that go off when I type it.

Michelle said...

Again...my little sister ROCKS!!!

Abby said...

I've had one random guy make pretty mean-spirited comments a handful of time. Not anonymous, but definitely a jerk.

I say, BQ it up!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Great post Denise!! You are awesome!!!!

MCM Mama said...

Love this response!

brian said...

Excellent post!!! Your blog is awesome :)

Casey said...

haha! i've had my share of comments too. people are lame. you rock.

Jeanette said...

I'm dying laughing!!!!

Marlene said...

"Anonymous" can shove it. Congrats again on your BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ


:)

Michael B said...

please tell us more about this BQ thing!!!

Jen Feeny said...

You tell 'em Denise! Girl you can use BQ all you want! You earned it!!!

Suzy said...

I think you should end all your blogs the same way you did this one. You earned it!! Use it, flaunt it, enjoy it.

ShutUpandRun said...

Tell anon it's now 242 followers. Seriously, whoever this person is needs a life. They probably don't know what BQ means. Big quilt? Being quiet? Boob queen?

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I wish I had read his comment. How rude of that commenter. You have to wonder why they would even bother if it was so upsetting to them. Some people only find joy in making other unhappy...sad.

I know the work it takes to BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ. I know that work it takes to complete a marathon so you post about it as often and as loudly as you want to!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

LOL!! Now this is awesome. The girl who typed this post can be a personal trainer for sure.. GOT GET IT!!! CONFIDENCE you can!

RunningLaur said...

haha, your BQ is a huge accomplishment, and you can talk about it all you want :)

I'd hate to see how many times I've talked about my marathon and it's still 4 months away!

Unknown said...

243! That was great!

Janice {Run Far} said...

OMG... you are so awesome. BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ
I can never get sick of those two letters. :)

Anonymous said...

BEST POST EVER!!!!

I hate anon's- I have three letters...W.T.F!

I love your BQ!

Bethany + Ryan said...

Denise, congrats once again on your BQ. A BQ is something that people dream of but most never get it. You earned that BQ and i'm glad you are so proud of your BQ. You should say BQ 1,000 times a day because you worked hard for that BQ! And as to the person who posted it, whether they truely intended for it to be mean spirited or not...can you...JEALOUS??? LOL :-)

Marci said...

You have every right to be proud of your BQ and post it as much as you like on **your** blog. I would sing it from rooftops if I ever qualify!!

Bethany + Ryan said...

oops, typo...can you *say* jealous

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

LOL! Marvelous!

:D

I think you need to fit BQ into every single post at least once.

Katie A. said...

You rock Denise! You worked hard for that BQ and coming from someone who also BQed this year (is it bad to brat about your own BQ on your friend's blog post? oh well) you should be wearing it on your sleeve for all to see!
Love the post! Enjoy your weekend and your runs - your gonna rock 'em!

Felice Devine said...

Man up is right. What gives? I can't stand people like that. It's SO frickin' jerky and cowardly.

If I BQ ever, you can be damn sure I will sing it from the mountain tops. Or at least from my little corner of the house that serves as office ;-)

Screw anonymous!

Norma said...

OMG...I F***ING LOVE YOU, Denise. I had an anonymous commenter a while back (I assume it was the same person each time) who complained about being sick of reading about my workout "regiment" (duh, regimen, you moron) and my food intake. Told'em the same thing: why don't you actually write in a way such that I can respond? It's MY blog. No one is forcing you to read it. Carry on, and might I add: BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ ad infinitum!

Midwest said...

If I ever BQ, I will never shut up about it. Keep on posting your accomplishments and be proud of yourself.

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Oh man! Some people really have issues. I am awed by those that can BQ or even come close to it. So, if you are able to BQ, say it all you want!

Emily said...

YOU GO! I can't wait to read BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ on MANY more of your posts!

Unknown said...

Nice post, so sorry about that person but you should hold your head high...you've worked so hard! Jealously : ( .

Bootchez said...

BQ? BQ?!? All this time I thought I had a chance at a DQ, you know, Dairy Queen, and now -- thanks to your incredibly obnoxious repetitiveness, of course -- I find out everyone's been talking about BQ ... wtf? Thanks for destroying my dream. from, anonymous

Norma said...

Get "BQ" and your time tattooed on your other foot!!! <3 RUN, Denise, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne said...

Make that 244 :) Great response!

Libby said...

haha why to put them in their place! You deserve to talk and brag about it all you want. Great job! I have a feeling they won't be posting any more comments, especially on this post :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you removed the abilitiy to post anon comments, I did a while back because I was getting some spam and stuff.

Don't ever let someone rain on your parade! You are awesome and I'm sure that person is just jealous :)

Toni said...

If I ever BQ I would announce it everywhere. You worked hard and should be proud!

RunToTheFinish said...

Dude if I BQ that might be the only two words on my blog for momths

Jill said...

Oh my god, that is toooo funny! Leave all the BQ's you want, girl! I had an insensitive soul leave a very nasty comment days before I ran Tucson when I was in a jumbled mess anyway - but I knew who the wench was. Just keep being you...we love it!!!

saundra said...

NICE!

Brenda said...

lol I think you handled your anonomus commenter perfectly!!
thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Your blog rocks, I will be checking it out daily for inspiration!!

Bootchez said...

((replying to your comment on my blog ... Well, I'm not the original anon commenter, just the one trying to make a joke -- I hope that was clear!!!))

Unknown said...

what a dumb commenter! I hope he/she reads all these comments and realized that they're a d.bag!! Hey, you worked hard and earned that BQ so if you want to say it every other word or sentance or whatver ... you CAN!! If I ever BQ'd I would be putting a billboard up. Congrats on your accomplishment. And for the record -- SHE BQ'D!

X-Country2 said...

Preach it!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the follow! Looking forward to hearing about you passing your exam. Your mileage inspires me! If only someday I can log that kind of mileage! Keep up the great work!

gene said...

BQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQBQ

Tony said...

You put it best when you said it's your blog. I'm glad you said something

Stacey said...

I love it! You are awesome! BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your BQ keys do wear out---then we'll all help you out: BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ BQ!!!

Iron Mike said...

I'm willing to bet this anonymous commentor isn't a Runner.

Laurel said...

LOL! "FU"! I love it!

Girl, you EARNED the right to type BQ as much as you want. Sounds to me like someone else isn't going to Boston this year :) Jealous much anonymous?

LisaBee said...

Love you Dee Dee and love your response - perfect! Great seeing you today.

From one BQ'er to another . . . xoxoxo