I didn't even realize I haven't posted since Monday. We've had A LOT going on with my cat, Newman. If you remember, he's the one who had surgery over the summer. Well 3 weeks ago some things started going on with him and we've been busy nursing him back to health. One thing that didn't help was that the vet filled a prescription bottle with a liquid which they can NOT identify. For 2 weeks I was shoving a clear liquid into Newman 1-3 times a day. I found this out when I went to open the new bottle of liquid and it was an orange liquid, not clear. When I call the vet, they confirmed the medicine should be orange and after examining the original bottle they gave us, they admitted that they have no idea what is in that bottle. They have gone back to security cameras to find the technician who filled the prescription but they can't zoom in close enough to see what bottle they dispensed from. So, for 2 weeks we were giving Newman a mystery medication. Needless to say, I'm fired up. I'm waiting a call from the head doctor/office manager but go figure, they haven't called me yet. It's been a really draining few weeks and I just hope that we're on the right track with treatment now and the little guy gets better quickly.
Since I was off today I ran my 18 miles this morning. When I headed out it was 15 degrees with the wind chill in the single digits. Two frozen water bottles later, the run was done and I was happy with the result. I'd been feeling a little sucky with the long runs but today went much better. We held a very steady 9:30 pace, which is right where I want to be on my long runs and the pace felt great. I hit a little slump from miles 6-10 where I was thinking it'd be nice to call it quits at 10, but I perked back up for the final 8. However, I'm sick of the cold. I'm a winter person but I think now that I'm training through this weather; my love of winter is slowly dying. My eyes have been on fire all day and they won't stop watering. My face is still blotchy from the wind/cold burn and my skin is dry. And to make matters worse, I chafed in the not so fun area from wearing two pairs of running tights. Ugh. I'm ready for Spring.
Tomorrow I'm doing 7 miles and I'm taking it to the high school track. This will be my first ever track workout and I'm really excited for it. I love little bursts of speed!! I'll be doing 6 x 200s with 100 rests. Hopefully my legs are ok after the long run today but since I wore my recovery socks all day, I think I'll be good to go.
Have a great weekend! Good luck to those racing!
23 comments:
18 miles in the cold. It's confirmed - you are my hero!
oh poor Newman. This breaks my heart. I'm so sad for him and you and hope somebody (like the tech that filled that RX) gets some sort of punishment for this. If that was a child there would be no "waiting around for someone to call" because the police would be involved. But it's a poor innocent cat. I hate that! I love cats (luckly I'm not the crazy cat lady and only have one ...) and she is our child.
Chafing down there? Oh my ... my condolences ... I would be a hot mess if I was in your shoes today.
Oh gosh, sorry to hear that Newman has not been well. How AWFUL that they gave you the wrong meds! I hope it all gets sorted out soon and most importantly, that he's a-okay!
Awesome job on the 18-miler today. That is some nasty cold... I feel your pain and not looking forward to my long runs in this sh*t on the weekend. Is it Spring yet??
Congratulations on getting the 18 in while it is under 20 degrees!
I have 12 miles scheduled for tomorrow and the temperature is going to be about the same as you experienced and I'm dreading it. However, it is good to know that I have company.
Good luck at the track tomorrow!
OMG about poor Newman and poor you guys! Let's hope it was just a manufacturing change (sometimes generic drugs from different manufacturers look different from each other; i.e., one adds color and another doesn't) and he wasn't getting something that will harm him! It was 18 degrees here today with BITTER wind and I was annoyed at walking 10 yards from my car to the gym! SO GIANT KUDOS to you for your almost-marathon outdoor run! You are crazy awesome amazing! I also can't wait for Spring!
Great job! I will remember your inspiration when I head out tomorrow morning for 10 and then again sunday for my 20! High temps 15 degrees!
you're a trooper in this weather! great job! hope the little cat is doing better - aww!! good luck at the track too.
Seriously, how did you run 18 today? The weather is wicked!
Keep it up!
CAn you wear glasses to block the wind?? Gosh I cant imagine 18 miles in the bitter cold you are TOUGH.
OK I would be sooo mad about the meds...REALLY??
Poor Newman! How frustrating about the medication. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.
I am so with you on the weather. I love winter don't get me wrong but enough is enough. Congrats on getting the 18 out of the way!
yeah, I'm all set with winter too! Hope your cat is ok. glad things are going ok for your sister and her family! nice job on the 18 miler!
Oh my gosh, I would be so fired up too!! these are our babies!!
have you said what training plan you are following? or is it specific from your coach?
That would fire me up too! that is beyond irresponsible giving you the wrong meds. I hope your kitty is feeling better.
Time for a new vet once this mess is straightened out. Plus I think they owe you a refund on whatever $$ you've paid them so far. Unbelievable. Nice job running in the cold. I live in Connecticut, where there's a -7 windchill outside right now. Definitely not a fun day to run. What state do you live in?? 7 weeks until it's spring...
Poor Newman!! Congrats on the 18 outside and in the cold!! I did 17 last week in those same temps but I couldn't hack the -29 windchill yesterday! Track workout right after the 18-You go girl!!
As I sit here this morning toying over my run tomorrow, inside or out...I just decided I can do it outside!! I have 7.5 and it is going to be a cold 20-something but if you can do 18, I can do my miles too! You really are an inpiration!
OMG....I hope Newman is feeling better soon! The head doctor over there is probably afraid to call you back after such a HUGE screw up. 18 Miles?? oh man...and in the FREEZING cold!?! You totally Rock! I'm with you...where the hell is SPRING????
That's awful about Newman. You are a machine to get out for 18 miles in that cold!
CJ
Very sorry to hear about Newman - it sounds like you're doing everything you can to remedy the mixup.
Hope the track workout went well!
That's so scary about Newman! I hope he is ok!
Way to trudge through that 18 miler girl! I don't know how ya'll do it up North! Good job!
Unbelievable that they don't even know what they were having you give Newman!
Amazing job...18 miles in that crazy weather...no way! I have no more excuse to not get out there...you are definitely an inspiration!
Poor Newman! I feel so bad for you having to deal with all of this on top of him being sick.
Good job on 18 in the cold!
Great job on 18 miles in the cold! I hope Newman gets better soon.
Post a Comment