Monday, January 18, 2010

Feisty!

I LOVE it!! A feisty post gets everyone talking! I had so much fun reading your comments to my last post and appreciate you all being ok with me talking about my BQ as much as I want. And it's clear that we all agree the anonymous commenter is not only a sissy, but is clearly jealous too. But enough about him/her...

A few things to catch up on...Eating clean has been going well. It's really not that hard after I spend some time prepping for the week. It's been 2 weeks and I've lost around 6 lbs. The first week the pounds came flying off but last week I hit a stand still. I'm back to where I was in the Fall and know it's going to be hard from here on out to lose these last 10 lbs. But with Jamaica a little over 2 months away, I'm sticking with it, more determined than ever. The weekends haven't been as hard as I thought. When I feel snacky, I let myself eat but still choose something that's "clean" and watch my portion size. I'm also still allowing myself my Saturday night wine because come on, you have to have some fun in your life!

As for running, I'm enjoying the 5 days of running a week as opposed to the 6 days. Some weeks I'll take a full day of rest during the week but others I use both non running days for other cardio and lifting. It feels fantastic to lift again. I really miss the gym atmosphere but am trying to make the most out of it in the lonely basement. I've been feeling really sluggish again on my runs but we've added some speed back into them and I'm hoping that helps. I have a 5 miler on Feb 20th which I want to run around a 7:12 pace so I need to get my speed back! Today during my 6 miler I felt like an 8:30 was hard and couldn't believe I ran faster than that for the marathon! I'm not sure if I'm just blah lately or if I lost fitness that quickly. Either way, I'm gonna get it back. I don't want to just cruise along, I want to be able to race!

One last thing, I posted some new reviews (Raw Crunch Bars, Rejuvenative Foods and Smart Wool). Check 'em out!

Here's my schedule for the week:
Mon - 6 mi (neg split run)
Tues - 4 mi
Wed - off
Thurs - 6 mi (ladder)
Fri - 3 mi
Sat - 17 mi
Sun - off

And hi to all my new followers!! I'm happy to have you!

20 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Hang onto that wine. It's the only thing that keeps runners sane.

Anne said...

I feel for you...everytime I've had to take a few weeks off because of my asthma, I felt like I was almost starting over. It's so easily lost...but you're getting there...stay strong :)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I love the eating clean movement. Keep it up. Great job on the 6 lbs.

I missed a run this week too. But I think the rest is sometimes needed.

Have you seen my times...all over the place. It is frustrating when you feel like you are killing it and find out you were a snail running into the wind!

Marlene said...

As of this week, I'm really trying to clean up my diet. I'm doing one week 100% clean (IF IT KILLS ME) and then I will try to maintain 80%+ from now on. I can't give up all of my convenience foods, but I'm going to do MUCH better.

Congrats on your success and the weight loss!

Sounds like you are keeping busy with your schedule, as always. I am impressed that you run all those miles and find time for MORE activity. I have a hard time cross training when I run 30 miles a week. :/

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

My plan has me running 4 days a week. I LOVE this and hope it is enough for a BQ.

When I was running today I still have no clue how I will hold 8:20 pace for 26.2++ miles. The whole training slower then runnign faster in the race still baffles me..

Unknown said...

Good luck with the clean eating, it's so hard for me but I keep trying! Also, it seems like regaining fitness is so hard...how can it just disappear like that?strengthened

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog....I'm really enjoying going through all of your posts. All the pics of your prepping for your clean eating, are really great! I'm looking forward to stopping by often, hope you do the same. :)

Rookie on the Run said...

I just read your last two posts (catching up). You are welcome to write about your BQ any time you want!

As long as you don't mind me writing about BBQ. Because that's as close as I will ever come! :)

I'm glad clean eating is going well for you. I'm also glad you find some room to add a glass of wine from time to time.

Tricia said...

Great job with the eating!

Felice Devine said...

Yay for the feisty wine drinker :-)
Way to go, Denise!

N.D. said...

Seeing 7:12 pace makes me both want to laugh and cry! that is awesome!!

Lara said...

Enjoy your wine, and enjoy those rest days! You're so strong, I love it!!

Toni said...

Congrats on losing weight and eating clean. I keep thinking I need to try it.

Katie A. said...

Wow! That Eating clean sounds great! I might have to try it - I have been wanting to loose a few since the holidays and they aren't coming off the normal way! Is it because I just turned 30? Ugh!
BTW, I know you used to do the P90X - the hubbs and I have quit our gym and are setting up our own gym at home. Do you recommend the investment? I saw it for $129 on QVC last night (don't laugh, saw P90X on the guide and flipped there!) and was talking to the hubbs about it. Any thoughts on it would be great!

RunToTheFinish said...

ok i expect more dets on eating clean so I can shed some lbs!!

Boris T said...

Good work on 6lb, keep it up!

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

You totally rock! 7:12 would be so empowering to run at. I'm glad to see that you are human, and do indeed have a few empty calories. I cannot believe you ran at such a fast pace for a marathon. Amazing.

Julia said...

I was getting curious about the eating clean. Looking at your photos from that post has really inspired me... I really need to clean up my diet as well. It would be awesome to see some more photos too! Keep it up! :)

Island Girl Eats said...

Wow - a 7:12 pace! I would love that. I would even take the 8:30 pace! I can do 8:30, I just can't sustain it for long.

Have you been to Jamaica before? We went about two years ago and it was so beautiful. The food was great too. All of the fruit and vegetables were so FRESH tasting. Loved it!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Great job on the eating and 6lbs, that's fantastic! It helps us keep focus on our goals when there's a trip down south, doesn't it?! haha