Friday, January 8, 2010

My Goal for 2010

I haven't had much to talk about lately. Guess I'm sort of in a lull in between races. The next race (5 miler) is in February and then I have Shamrock marathon in March. So I've been running, building back up the mileage and feeling great!! I have to say, the clean eating is wonderful. I feel like a million bucks right now. I've already seen great progress on the scale and feel like I'm learning a few things. One, I actually do know when to stop eating. Yesterday I was eating my afternoon snack of 4 sliced egg whites on a slice of Ezekiel. I had some cut up veggies to go with it and I actually didn't eat them. This may not seem like a big deal, but to me it is. Usually if something is there for me to eat it, I'll eat it regardless of how full I feel. This is especially true with my weekend treat. I can't just have a serving or a little, I need to have 3 or 4 times that much. So I'm happy to see that I'm listening to my body and that I am capable of not shoving my face. The other thing is that I'm learning to eat a lot of new things and not feel anxious about it. The other day when I had some almond butter on top of my blended frozen banana, I didn't feel guilty about it. I took a serving and left it at that. To not freak out about eating something so high in fat is a really big step for me. I feel really positive with how things are going and I think this is VERY doable. Not just for this week or month but for the long haul.

I have a 14 miler scheduled for tomorrow and I'm not very excited about it. The temperature is really going to drop today and the high for tomorrow is only in the 20's. The wind is suppose to be bad, once again, giving us wind chills in the single digits/teens. I'm not sure who's idea it was to train over the winter months for 3 marathons but I think I need to have a talk with them.

Lastly, I came up with a goal for 2010. I'm putting it out there so I have some accountability. I've switched up my routine to get back into the habit of running in the morning before work. I found that the day isn't as stressful when I don't feel I have to rush out of work, rush home, get my run in, then rush around making dinner. So I'm back at getting up a little after 5am. It's been a rough week but it's working and I'm going to stick with it. The important thing is that this will free up some time at night to study for my personal training certification. My one personal goal for 2010 is to take the exam before my 34th birthday in October. I figure, what better birthday present...to finally be able to say I'm a personal trainer!!

19 comments:

Keri said...

Hey, good luck with your personal trainer exam! Which one are you going for? A few months ago I took the ACE group fitness test (and passed, yay!)I am going for PT next but I am not sure who to go through. Perhaps ACSM?

Jenn said...

Good luck with the training. I moved my runs to 5 am for the most part over the winter and although it sucks to get up, it sure is nice to have it done at the end of the day! I really think I'm in a better mood throughout the day because of it too! I definitely hear ya on the cold. It hasn't been above zero in 10 days here! I would LOVE to be a personal trainer-good luck studying!

{will run for margaritas} said...

I feel like I have had a lull too, without races! :-)

I love your goal for 2010 - I want to take the exam, too. Good luck - you will be an awesome trainer!

RunToTheFinish said...

soooo glad that you are finding some peace in your eating I think that is wonderful

want to personal train me to some friggin abs of steel?

The Linz said...

Good luck with your morning runs! I know that it can be hard to get out of bed but once you are out there your whole will be that more productive. And good luck with your PT test! That is a great goal!

Katie A. said...

Great job on getting up - I'm already up that early to go to work, there is no way I would get up any earlier! Great goal for 2010 - so since we go way back, does that mean I can get some training for free once you're a big old certified trainer? :) TGIF!!

Laura said...

I really want to get back to my Friday morning runs so I am going to do what I can to fit them in. Good luck with the personal trainer cert. This is a long term goal of mine as well.

X-Country2 said...

Good luck with that test!

Jen Feeny said...

That would be the BEST present ever!!! Good luck tomorrow! Stay warm!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing goal!!! I hope to begin down that road (or one like it) once I am done my current degree!!

Felice Devine said...

That's awesome, Denise!! Good for you. You'll be such a great personal trainer.

N.D. said...

Great goal! And great job getting up. I love getting it done in the morning!

Tricia said...

yes, that would be a great birthday present. Good luck with it!

RunningLaur said...

What a great goal!

Switching to mornings is rough, but I think it's SO worth it.

Laurel said...

Sounds like the clean eating is going great. Glad to hear it's helping you, especially in the portions dept. That's always my hardest part.

Hope your run was ok. It was a cold one out there this weekend. I miss my winter running, but have to say, a little piece of me doesn't miss those early morning, freezing temps.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

The Weekend is ALWAYS too short. UGHO!!

Just hoping to week goes by quickly, busy busy weeks usually do..

Marlene said...

I would love to get my runs done in the morning to free up my evenings. It just doesn't seem to work for me. Stick with it!!!

scottyt said...

Are you looking to do private personal training? I can always use good people I trust to refer my customers to.

Iron Mike said...

What I find interesting is that we can accomplish these amazing physical feats and yet it can be so hard to achieve normal goals!

Good luck!