Thursday, March 4, 2010

Almost Famous...(and Chobani WINNER)

I see a lot of blogger awards passed around from one blogger to another. Then I see people who have sponsorship from big companies, stories written about them, photo shoots done, etc. I see the awards, read the articles and think, "these people are so inspiring, well deserved." However, when I think about myself and what I've accomplished, I don't think too much of it. I recognize that I've done a lot in a few short years but I'm not very good at giving myself credit for stuff. In fact, I'm shocked when someone leaves a comment saying I'm inspiring, a rock star (thanks, Mich), etc. I'm just a ordinary girl who likes to run and is having fun doing it. So needless to say, you can imagine how I felt when Natalie asked if she could write an article about me for the Examiner, to be featured for Motivational Monday. At first I wasn't sure what she'd write about but I was completely flattered so I agreed. Even if I had nothing remotely interesting to say, it was cool that someone out there thought I was worthy of an article!! So pleeeeease, check out my 30 seconds of fame HERE.

The winner (picked by random number generator) of the Chobani giveaway is Rick over at Marathonman101108. Rick, email me at dclaffey76@yahoo.com and you'll be hooked up.

23 comments:

Liz said...

Awesome article you rock-star!!!!You for sure are such a great motivator...love,love, love reading your posts...many days they have gotten me off my butt!!

Anonymous said...

congrats! that was/is a great article. totally motivational for sure :)

Marlene said...

Great article! You need to give yourself more credit.

Megan said...

Congrats! That's so awesome. Would you do a post on mentally preparing yourself for a marathon? I think I could use help with that.

BeckyK said...

Awesome article! Keep posting because you were one of the blogs that motivated me to lace up my long-dormant running shoes!

Teri S. said...

That was a great article. And as many have said, you need to give yourself more credit. I don't know what kind of shoes you run in, but if you run in Brooks, you're exactly the type of runner they are looking for with their Brooks ID program: http://runbrooks.com/brooksid - Then you can be a "sponsored" runner too :) You certainly deserve it with all the hard work you are putting in.

saundra said...

Very nice article! Congrats on your accomplishments and good luck with your 2010 goals: 2000- whoa!

April said...

That is a great article! Congratulations! There is so much info to digest I had to read it twice. I might take some notes!;)
I haven't tackled a marathon yet, mostly because the thought of it intimidates me, but reading stories like yours make me think that I can do it. Thanks!

RunningFromCancer said...

Oh my gosh - that was a great article. Congratulations - you rock. And believe it . . . you are a great motivator.

Enjoy

Ewa said...

You are a very inspirational person and I am glad they had and article about you. We all need to hear motivational stories. Thank you so much for sharing.

Bethany + Ryan said...

Denise, give yourself some credit girl!! you are awesome!! Its true, you are way toooo modest, for example you said "read my 30 seconds of fame here." That took me at least 10 minutes to read!!! LOL :-) wonderful article!!! congrats! i'm sure i'll have a bunch of questions for you as i prepare for my first 50 miler this fall.

ShutUpandRun said...

I loved reading your story. With the blogs, I've gotten bits and pieces here and there, but it was nice to have it all in one place. You've accomplished so much in such a short time. Great article!

David Yingling said...

Nice article, that's awesome! Print it out and frame it!

Norma said...

LOVE the article, LOVE your blog! You keep me going more than you know!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Going to check out the article! Congrats, and you are TOTALLY inspiring! :)

Johann said...

That is so great! You deserve a lot of praise and credit.

Abby said...

Great article - I read it earlier in the week.

Susan said...

Congrats on the article :) how cool!!

Jill said...

Loved the article - you rock!!! You and your long distances and your determination always inspire me!
Have a really great weekend!!!

N.D. said...

I'll have to come back and do a race report in APril 2011 for Boston.. and would love to hear about how it is to be a pace leader! :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT article!!! You inspire me everyday!! Thank you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog the other night.

Way to go on your run! I've got a few "bigger" goals for this spring and am still waiting to decide on the Marathon. Reading this is motivating me to go ahead and do it.

Tricia said...

congrats!