Thursday, December 10, 2009

Philly Pics

Once again, the pictures taken by the course photographer sucked butt. I was really hoping for a good finish line photo as I grabbed that BQ, but no such luck. I looked like such a tool in every picture they got of me. Thankfully, Laurel was on the course and grabbed some great shots. I'm nominating her to be the new course photographer!
Right around mile 13...feeling great!

Heading towards the finish...

I can see it!

Dear God, just let this be over...


Running has been going really well this week. Still easing back into it and just running at paces which feel good and I'm having so much fun with it. I ran 4 on the treadmill this morning since it was so dark and cold out and it was mind numbingly boring. I have no idea how I ran 20 miles on that thing. I'm hoping it starts to get a little lighter out earlier so I can head outside. I'd rather run in the freezing cold then put in long miles on the treadmill.

We're having a housewarming party this weekend now that all the renovations done. The kitchen back splash was done this week and it looks amazing. I'll post pictures soon! I'm really looking forward to having friends and family over for the party...it's been so long since we've entertained with all the moving, etc. So nice to finally be settled.

24 comments:

Marlene said...

Those are some great photos! Too bad you didn't get any good "official" onces, but at least you get Laurel's in HQ for free. :)

Have fun with your house warming party! Can't wait to see some pics.

RunningLaur said...

What great pics!!

Laura said...

I love that first pic. I always look seriously weird in my pics. I am going to try super hard to be all perky this race season.

Dana said...

Great Pics!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Great pics, I love the first one too! You look so focused and determined in the other ones... which obviously worked!! Enjoy the party!

Jen Feeny said...

Love the first one! Great shots! :)

Katie A. said...

You got some great pics - especially the one close to the finish! Enjoy them - you rocked it!
BTW, I did 8 mind numbing miles on the treadmill at the gym on Tuesday and wanted to kill some of my gym mates when I got off. It is just so hard to log anything over 5 miles on those things! Good luck :)

X-Country2 said...

Dang, you look strong girl! A+ Laurel!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

You know what is funny...I am an EXPERT photog spotter on the race course, not sure why...but generally I get pretty good shots because I am a total Poser.. LOL!! Glad you got a few and congrats AGAIN on the BQ!!!

Winter training for a Marathon is TOUGH...mine starts on Jan 9th with Fleet Feet. I am excited to have a plan made up for me by those who have done this much longer than me.. MAybe I will join you in the BQ club.. If so, I highly doubt I will notice the Photogs because I will have to put every ounce of energy into running FAST..

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great photos! Who needs "offical" photos anyway?!

If the current weather doesn't clear out, I am stuck on the treadmill again today. Yuck.

Have a good time at your house warming party.

Felice Devine said...

Those are great pics. Have a fun party!

RunToTheFinish said...

I was trying to figure out when to run again.. I did alternating 1 mile run, 1/2 mile walk this morning....I was sore but it felt good to really move. I'm thinking I'll run tonight easy again

yeah for housewarming parties!! they are so fun

Chic Runner said...

I LOVE these pictures! they are super cute!!!! Good job on smiling! ha ha

Jamie said...

Love the photos!

Marathonman101108 said...

Love the pics! Congrats again, you really are an inspiration to all of us. I myself don't run on the "dreadmill." I'd rather run in the coldest of cold days right now.

Abby said...

I've been contemplating re-joining the gym to have treadmill access for the winter, but I'm not sure whether I'll end up hating it... hmm...

Anonymous said...

You look awesome!

joyRuN said...

Laurel's pics are awesome - you look so damn STRONG!

Have a great housewarming party - how exciting :)

PS - I'll take your BQ toes any day.

Wendy said...

Great job!

20 on the treadmill?! WOW! I'm having a hard time doing 5.

C.G. the Foodie said...

Great photos! Enjoy your housewarming party!

Norma said...

I think those photos look great! :) And I'm looking forward to seeing your backsplash...trying to get some ideas for ours. It's 21 degrees here today so I'm opting for the elliptical; does that make me a wuss? :( I hate winter! Doing my best to run outdoors as much as I can, though...but this kind of cold, dry air makes my eyes/lungs/hands very angry so today is a day to work out inside (and give my knees a little break; I ran 35 miles between last Friday and this past Thursday so maybe a day of no-impact is in order anyway).

Susan said...

The pictures from the actual photographer aren't that great! Glad you had a personal photographer to capture the moments!

Midwest said...

That picture of you waving is adorable!

Laurel said...

Glad you liked the pics. Race pics are always tricky, but the one of you waving at me came out great! I'm glad I could be there to capture your big BQ!!!