Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Run!

First of all, thanks for all your caring comments to my last post. I'm not allowed to say much, but it looks like we're going to have a happy ending. It will take several more trips to Russia and a few more months, but it'll be worth the wait. Thanks for keeping our family in your thoughts, my sister read all the comments and really appreciated all the support.

The East coast is getting its first real snow storm of the winter!! I don't know why this never happens on a work day so I can stay home. Thankfully I finished my shopping yesterday so I can sit in front of the fireplace today and enjoy it from the couch! I did my long run on Thursday since I was off from work and I was very thankful for that when I headed out for my run this morning. The wind was brutal!! At times I had to run with my eyes closed because I literally could not open them. The snow hitting my face hurt like hell, but after my face froze I couldn't feel it anymore. :-) It was a chilly 19 degrees and when the wind wasn't blowing, it was so calm and peaceful. I swear I smiled the entire run, I loved being out there. Andy snapped some pictures of me when I got home. Check out the icicles on my eye lashes! And no, I'm not pregnant like the one picture looks...That's my spibelt under there.

Check out the eye lashes!


Spibelt baby


Trying to smile but my face is frozen!


Eeek...I can't believe I post pictures of myself like this. My face still hurts a little and my eyes have been watering for an hour. Sort of makes me want to head out there for more...but I think I'll get under the snuggie and watch some movies instead. Stay warm!

22 comments:

CJ said...

No running ninja mask?? They really help keep the face warm.

CJ

Bethany + Ryan said...

Nice job! We haven't got the snow yet but it's on its way. I ran 15 this morning in 23 degrees with no wind and my face was hurting!! Can't imagine how urs must have felt! The pictures look pretty but I can do without the snow

Suzy said...

The snow is going to miss us here. :( I hope you can get back out in the snow again soon.

Carly said...

You are hard core!!! Nice job getting the run done. You most definitely have earned a day in front of the fireplace.

Katie A. said...

You need a mask silly! Love the prego spi-belt! But what the heck you got in there?
Glad to hear things are going to get better for your family - hopefully you can all relax and enjoy the holiday.

Felice Devine said...

Love the pics!

We're not getting snow, but it was 15 degrees and super windy when I ran today. I felt like I was frozen so I can only imagine what you felt like with the cold PLUS the snow!

Glad things are going to work out w/your sister.

Rookie on the Run said...

W-O-W. You amaze me! I've never, ever seen anyone with icicles hanging from their eyelashes.

Nice job!

Progman2000 said...

I had a similar experience this morning - I still need to pull out some of my more serious cold weather stuff, didn't think I would need it this early!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Watch someday they will do a study that proves runners have younger faces because the face freezes and thaws.. I am just sayin. Lordy I am GLAD it does not get that cold here..

RunningLaur said...

ah, looks so cold! I'll have my fingers crossed for your family too :)

Anonymous said...

旁觀自己的悲傷是解脫,主觀自己的悲傷是更加悲傷..................................................

X-Country2 said...

You are one hard core lady!

Abby said...

Second biggest snowfall in Philadelphia history and I missed it!

Very jealous :)

Laura said...

Ugh we have had some really cold days already but not a lot of snow...it can all stay away for all I care.

Jen Feeny said...

Holy snowlashes woman!!! I hope you stayed in the rest of the weekend and stayed warm!!!

Chic Runner said...

Good lord! MAD respect for you for even attempting to run in this weather. I would DIE for sure!!!

Tricia said...

Brrrr...thats cold.

Aron said...

omgosh that is so so so cold!

Ginny M said...

Those pictures are going to be my inspiration for this afternoon's cold run. Plenty of snow leftover and chilly temps here in NJ, but at least I'm pretty sure I won't be sporting icicles at the end of my run!

Keri said...

Wow, that is really cold!

Toni said...

Great job on your run! I had one like that a couple weeks ago and my friend had iciceles on her eylashes and her hair. It really makes you feel tough to be out there in it!

Laurel said...

LOL! I love the preggo pic. Suuure it's the belt. Uh-huh ;)

I have to say, those winter runs last year were brutal, but man, I miss them. Nothing makes you feel more alive.

Glad to hear things are looking up for your sister. :)