Sunday, December 13, 2009

More weekend, please!

Is the weekend really over already? We had a busy one, but the housewarming party was a success. We had 22 people over and I pulled everything off! We had a ton of food and beer/wine but unfortunately, with all the cooking and running around I didn't have the chance to eat a thing! Needless to say, the vino hit me a little hard and I think I was more than a little goofy. Oh well, I had fun!!

I ran 8 miles on Saturday, my longest run since the marathon, and it didn't go that great. I ran with the running club and got caught up with another runner and found myself running faster than I had wanted to. I tired out really fast and struggled through the remainder of the run. Afterwards, I was totally spent. I'm sure the cold weather didn't help, but I could also tell that I'm not completely recovered from the marathon yet. My legs just didn't have a lot in them. This week is another week of no set paces and just easy runs, which sounds good right about now. I'm doing a "prediction run" on Tuesday night at our local running store. You leave your Garmin/watch behind and tell the owner what time you expect to finish 5 miles. The person who is the closest to their predicted time wins a pair of Brooks shoes!!

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I put a link at the top of this page for "Reviews." I get lots of stuff to try out and I thought I'd designate a spot for all the reviews. I just posted 2 new ones: SPIbelt and Whooha gear. I am so happy with both of these products so check out the review in case you need some gift ideas for the runner in your life!!

Here's my schedule for the week:
Mon - 2 mi
Tues - 5 mi
Wed - off
Thurs - 4 mi (practice negative splits)
Fri - 2 mi
Sat - 9 mi
Sun - off

17 comments:

Iron Mike said...

Free shoes would be a nice X-mas gift, good luck

Mel-2nd Chances said...

this weekend went by WAY too fast! Glad you had a great party... keep recovering!

ShutUpandRun said...

Good for you pulling off the party and you're allowed to be kind of goofy/tipsy at your own party!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

You had a great weekend!

Glad you got out for a run but don't over do it too soon.

Wow, what a great race. New shoes would be nice!

Anonymous said...

"More Weekend Please" is my current FB status!!! I want the same thing- I vote 5 day weekends and two day work weeks!

Rookie on the Run said...

Yay for the successful housewarming party! It sounds like a great week of running planned... I hope you get a chance to get your body all recovered from the marathon. :)

Good luck with the Prediction Run... I hope you get the shoes!

I'll be checking out your review section.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Love it when a party is a success.
How do you get so many things to review. What is everyones secret?

Jeanette said...

I like your reviews section! You should start advertising and making money from your blog.

Katie A. said...

Free shoes? That is soo cool! Good luck and you will have to fill us in on how it goes!
Glad your party was a success!

C.G. the Foodie said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend. It was definitely too short!

Thank you for starting a review section. You are an inspiration and I trust your judgment and opinion on products so it is cool to seem them there!

Marlene said...

That happens to me whenever I'm hosting... forget to eat and the wine hits hard. Oops!

Glad to hear that the party was a success! I saw your kitchen pics on FB - it looks amazing. I'd love to see more house pics. :)

X-Country2 said...

BQing earns you AT LEAST a month of partying.

Felice Devine said...

I had the no eating problem at my last party, too. Oops! That run sounds awesome -- hope you win!

RunToTheFinish said...

yeahhh so glad everything went great with all the people coming over!

i think I hoped back to intervals too fast, my leg was like OUCH today

RunningLaur said...

oooo, good luck at the prediction run!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aron said...

that is a great idea to do a separate post for reviews!

i love my spibelt too!