So while my running goals are fun and exciting, I still have this ever looming goal of losing weight. Yes people, it comes back to this again. In fact, it never really leaves. I've spent the past few months writing down what I'm eating and during the week it's really helpful. But then I completely fall apart on the weekend. I seriously sometimes wish I didn't have a weekend just so I could stay on track with the food. I want nothing more than to be able to relax and eat what I want, when I want it, in moderation of course, and be happy. The "in moderation" part is what I struggle so much with. I need to slow down and really listen to my body and shut up the voices telling me to shove my face when I do allow myself a treat. I have this awful all or none mentality which I desperately need to change. So, I'm taking a deep breath and I'll get through the next couple weeks the best I can. But then it's time to buckle down because we're heading to...
JAMAICA!!
This will be our 4th time visiting Jamaica and let me tell you, April 9th can not get here soon enough!
Here's my schedule for the week:
Mon - 2mi
Tues - 4 mi
Wed - off
Thurs - 4 mi
Fri - 2 mi
Sat - 8 mi
Sun - off
I've been adding cardio on to all my workouts since I'm still building my runs back up and I also got in 3 days of lifting last week. It felt so good to lift again!! Was extremely sore, but it was worth it!
20 comments:
You have DEF earned Jamaica girl!
I agree w/you on goal setting. What you've laid out looks good. You have things to look forward to and work on. And, Jamaica, mon. Woo hoo! That's just awesome!
i'm sure you people get sick of hearing me talk about the whole "Clean-eating" thing but i swear by it! i lost 8 pounds in about a month and i keep it off no problem. Clean-eating isn't really about losing weight, its more about eating nutrient dense foods that fuel your body but weight loss is a side-effect. its all about avoiding chemcials and artificial foods which just slow us down and expose our bodies to artificail chemcials man wasn't intended to eat. i have a few posts on clean eating on my blog if you want to check it out. After eating clean for about 2 weeks i started to have serious PRs! i took over 1 minutes off my 5k, 2 min off 10k, haven't done a half since march so i dunno about that and i took 9 min off my marathon and 1 pant size smaller. i love clean-eating! check it out, you might like it and its really NOT stressful at all! and you dont have to write down your food because its literally ALL good food. i eat non-stop all day, i love it! let me know if you want more info! good luck with your goals! you are already a marathon maniac in most people's eyes but you go girl on earning that title!!!!!!!!! :-)
That weight thing is a challenge, especially this time of year. Jamaica will be a motivator, mon! Keep up the good work.
I could have written that paragraph myself. Moderation? What is that? I am an 'all or nothing' personality in everything that I do and especially when it comes to my diet. I seriously can't have that one treat because 90% of the time, it will lead to a binge. Sad. When I am on track and focused, I just say NO to everything. It's so hard, especially this time of year, and I wish this weren't the case.
YAY! Jamaica! You deserve it girl! And your plans look good and managable! You had an awesome year and next will be the same!! Don't worry too much about the food, you are smart and it will come together. :)
So jealous about your trip. I am also struggling to get my finale 8-10 off.... I am the same way.... moderation. Thanksgiving hit, and I can't seem to get back control. UGH I hate that.
I'm another clean eating freak...and another all-or-nothing/doesn't-know-the-meaning-of-moderation person...it's the way to go.
you have some fantastic goals! Ahhh, a trip to Jamaica sounds perfect, you totally deserve it :)
I totally get the "all or nothing" mentality. But if I don't eat it, someone else will!!!
As hard as you have been working I can not imagine that you have weight to lose!?! I guess we are always looking for improvement.
What a great trip!
I have the same "all-or-nothing" mentality and I have felt the same way about the weekends. It's so much easier when I'm on my week day routine.
Jamaica will be great, sounds like lots of great things in your future!
ooo, have fun in Jamaica!
I should probably write some of my own stuff down - that way I don't keep adding more too it, forgetting the others in the meantime!
We got married in Jamaica in May. Which side of the island do you visit?
Congrats on your BQ!
I am hoping I get into NYC this year. I hate not being able to plan the Fall until knowing this! At least we find out a little earlier this year!
Sounds like you're kicking major @$$ at the weight you are now!
It'll be a busy spring for sure :)
Hopefully I'll see you in VA beach (though it looks like I'll be running the half instead of the full).
That is awesome that you got married in Jamaica too! We were married in Negril at Couples Negril.
Everyone is jealous that my marriage license is so pretty! It should be, it only took four months for us to receive it!
I think I would really like to be a pacer (slow pacer) someday.. I have a long way to go, I currently STARE at Garmin..
What a Fun trip, we went to Hawaii last April and I am still wishing I was back there..
Jamaica?! Lucky ducky. We went there for our honeymoon and LOVED it.
hi Denise, to make it easier for yourself, the clean eating posts are 9/20/09 and 11/21/09
What a concept; setting running goals. I've never actually set down a plan of attack of accomplishing a running goal; maybe that's why the races get a little zen now and then. I'm going to mull this over. thanks for the brain candy!
Post a Comment