Sunday, September 28, 2008

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

I woke up this morning feeling pretty beat up. My knees are sore and I just felt overall tired. The fact that I have 8 weeks of training to go only made me feel more down and out. But I managed to get to the gym to lift and that helped a lot. Then to make me feel even better, Andy made me a fantastic dinner tonight. I usually do all the cooking because I need to have all the control over what I eat and how it's made. I tried not to "supervise" too much and think I did pretty well. Andy was understanding, as usual, and told me everything that went into the meal and significantly reduced the oil that it called for. Dinner was delicious! We had rock fish baked with pineapple and orange slices and a green bean/red bliss potato side dish (made with balsamic vinegar and onions...my favorite!). I even had a glass of wine with dinner, which is a complete no-no for me on a night before a morning run (which over the past few months has been every night!). But I'm trying to relax a little and not be so rigid with my life. Sounds silly, but having that glass of wine and breaking a rule of mine was really difficult. I'm usually plagued with guilt when I break one of my own rules, but I'm hoping writing about it will help me address it and let it go...

I'm scheduled to run 45 miles this week with a long run of 20 miles on Saturday. Work is going to be really busy with some late nights so I imagine this will be a tough week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next up: I'm going to make you go out to dinner and have a drink...during the week!