Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Start Time

We were assigned our start times for RTB today and I'll be starting off for Ambler Stampede at 8:20am. This is perfect as I prefer to run early and before eating any big meals for the day. We have our last team meeting this Thursday to discuss any last minute items and to answer any lingering questions. Surprisingly, I'm doing ok considering the fact that I really don't know what I'm getting myself into...for those who don't know me, I like details and plans! But I have the feeling that this is going to be a trip that teaches me a lot. From how to survive 4 days with little to no sleep, to how to cope when you're trapped in a van with stinky people, to most importantly...not having control and being forced to go with the flow.

Running is going well this week. We have a traveling fun run this Saturday and although I'm scheduled to do 18 miles, due to weather and RTB next week, I might scale it back a little. Off to do more work from my couch...I'd rather be running...

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

If you are feeling "out of control" on your trip, just control everyone else. You'll feel better. Trust me!