Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Philly Distance Run

I'm anxiously awaiting PDR this Sunday! When I ran my first half marathon in December 2007, I had no idea what to expect. I shocked myself when I finished with a 1:51:20 because I had never run that far in my life and it was only my third race to date (prior to the half, I ran a 5 and 10K). My goal was to finish...and if I could finish, do it in under 2 hours. Looking back at that race, I was no where near where I'm at today. I have so much more confidence in my running now and know I'm capable of a lot more than 13 miles. I have a goal in mind for this Sunday, but I'm going to keep that to myself and try not to hold myself to it. I need to remember my ultimate goal for this year and that's the marathon. I can not risk pushing it and getting hurt during this race, especially since I'm coming off of Reach the Beach.

I'm continuing to run this week, but don't plan on doing anything longer than 6 miles and will keep my runs at a moderate pace. My main focus this week is catching up on all the sleep I lost while in New Hampshire.

No comments: