Saturday, August 23, 2008

Now That Was a "Long Run"

I just got back from an 18 mile run and have a new respect for the "long run." I started off running with someone from the club but at about mile 9, I picked up my pace and ran the last half by myself. This was a great test because I had no ipod and no one to talk to...exactly what it will be like for the marathon. I felt good through the run and ate the cliff blocks along the way. Mile 16 is where it really hit me and I started to feel the blisters on my feet with each step I took. I finished strong though and can't wait to do it again!

As I'm typing this, I just thought, "I can't believe I just did that." A year ago, I never would have even thought about running 18 miles...

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

As I'm typing this, I can't believe I ate a cupcake, 2 s'mores and a slice of apple cake for dessert on Saturday night!
Good job on surviving the run!!!