Thursday, August 21, 2008

Another Way To Look At It

It would take nearly a half hour, going 60mph, just to DRIVE the distance of a marathon.

Not much going on right now. My mileage is good for the week and I'm taking tomorrow off completely. I'll be heading out early Saturday morning for my first 18 mile run. I'm actually looking forward to it...wonder if I'll still feel the same way afterwards. Not only is it my first real "long" run, but I need to use it as a test to see what kind of food I can handle during the run. Each long run is suppose to be a test to see what food works well for you and what doesn't. This is the part of running that completely overwhelms me. Up until this point, I just ran. I didn't need to worry about what to eat before or during a run, but now that is extremely important and can mean the difference between making it through the marathon and pooping out. So, based on advice and reading, some things on the list to test out: Gel/Gu, fig newtons, raisins, honey, different sports drinks...ugh.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

E.L.Fudge cookies always give me a energy boost! And there is always the good old fashioned ice cream sundae. But that isn't so much an energy booster as a smile maker!