Friday, March 18, 2011

It's Go Time

Well, the flu definitely knocked me on my ass this week but I pulled through surprisingly fast. I spent the past 2 days on the couch with a short lived attempt at work yesterday. I headed in around lunch time only to last 2 hours. After the walk from my car to my desk took it all out of me, I was really worried about what that meant for Sunday. I decided I would wait until this morning to make the call. Thankfully, I woke up feeling pretty good. Good enough that I decided to go for a run to see how I felt and to move the legs a bit. I managed 4 miles with 3 at race pace but it wasn't easy. The body aches and fever are gone, but the energy is LOW!! There is no way I could have run a marathon today. But with that being said, I still have 2 days to do absolutely nothing but rest. Since I'm not driving, I can rest in the car today and tomorrow in VA, other than the Expo, I plan on laying low. I wouldn't be going down if I didn't feel confident that I'll be ok by Sunday. So off I go...

A few pics...
Everything I'm taking. I use the little cosmetic bags to organize things I'm going to need on race day. The one contains my garmin, pace band, bloks, tape, water bottle holder, etc. That way everything is together and I don't have the stress of worrying I forgot something or not knowing where I packed it

Since I have such a funny stomach, I can't take the chance of eating something out of the norm the night before the race. While I usually eat fresh chicken, etc I had to be creative for the trip. There's a can of mushrooms, can chicken, packets of soy sauce which I snagged from the take out section at the grocery store and a baggie (which I'll reuse, of course!) of brown rice. Also packed baggies of oatmeal, pretzels and twizzlers for carb loading.

Can't forget the knee high shamrock socks!

And of course the nails are painted green!!! That's "Don't Mess With OPI"
I hate my sausage fingers.

I will definitely be thinking of you guys while I'm out there on Sunday, determined to come back to you with good news!!!

ShamROCK on!!

17 comments:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I am impressed by your flexibility. Hands next to feet and still can take the photo.

Good luck this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what was in that can! LOL I'm so excited for you, you look great! Love the nails.. Go kick some runner girl butt!

Jen Feeny said...

Good luck chica! I know you can do this and I can't wait to hear all about it! Hugs from afar!!!

Johann said...

All the best and enjoy!

runkatie said...

Goodluck on your race! I am envious of your organization skills. I always leave packing until the very last minute!

Marlene said...

Shamrock on is right!!! I will be thinking about you ALL weekend. Rest up, fuel up and you'll be good to go. SO PUMPED FOR YOU!

Abby said...

Canned mushrooms. Love it.

Go get 'em!!

Anonymous said...

Nails look lovely! I'm glad I'm not the only one who packs food to nibble on before a race. Best of luck to you and have a fun time!

N.D. said...

good luck!!!

Alyssa said...

GOOD LUCK!! I think I'm in just as much suspense as you are. :) Eeeee!!

Lindsey said...

Good luck!!!

christina said...

Good luck - I will be looking for you! I will be in bright pink... no green for me!

Amy said...

Glad you're feeling better!
Go get 'em!!!!

Little Miss Runshine said...

Aw your so cute with your race organization! I love being organized for the race! It makes me feel so much less stressed! Good luck! :)

joyRuN said...

Good luck!!!! Loooove the nails - hopefully the toenails will survive tomorrow's @$$phalt kicking :)

Bethany + Ryan said...

That is a great color green!! And u do not have sausage fingers! Best of luck to you!

Boris T said...

A little late but I hope it went well!