Monday, March 14, 2011

All Kinds Of Nervous

T minus 6 days!! I can't believe race day is less than a week away. Yesterday it hit me that it's so close and the nerves kicked in. I started to panic a bit that I haven't done enough and was wishing that I had more time to prepare.  But when I calmed down and thought about it, compared to my previous PR marathon training, I did so much more this time around to get ready.  Even though I'm nervous, mentally I'm still confident.  I know I have this in me and I know I can do this I'm going to do this!  The obsessive weather forecast checking started this morning and right now they are calling for a high of 56. I'm thinking my warm long runs on the treadmill might just come in handy for Sunday.

So as if race day nerves aren't enough, I learned two more things today that made me even more nervous. One, I'll be an official pacer at the NJ Half Marathon on May 1st.  Since it's less than 2 weeks after Boston, I picked the 2:15 group which is a 10:18 pace.  Even though I can handle the pace, it's still a little stressful. People will be depending on me to help them reach their goal and I plan to take this very seriously. I'll use the time after Boston while I'm recovering to really narrow in on the pace and make sure I get a good feel for it.

The other thing that got me a little worked up today...sounds like I might have my first official client to train at the Y. She's training for a marathon so the director thought I'd be a good fit for her.  We still have some details to iron out but it's looking good.  I really can't describe how nervous and excited I am.  Part of me sort of thought this day would never come. That I would just say I'm a Personal Trainer and give out advice to my friends and that'd be about it.  So I'm happy that my attempts to make this happen are going somewhere and that each day my dream is getting closer and closer.

Don't forget to enter my Races2Remember GIVEAWAY which ends Wednesday. Stay tuned, 2 more giveaways coming up after that!

Here's my schedule for the week:
Mon - 2 mi, lift upper body
Tues - 4 mi
Wed - swim drills or rest
Thurs - 4 mi (2 mi at race pace), lift upper body
Fri - 2 mi
Sat - off
Sun - SHAMROCK MARATHON!

12 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Sounds like we need to go have a glass of wine together...my nerves are kicking up too now that I am 6 days away from my half marathon. I'm sure you are going to rock your marathon!!!

Kudos to you on your new client!!!

Abby said...

I can't believe this one came up so quickly - I feel like just a couple weeks ago you were trying to decide whether to push for the PR!

You're going to be amazing - can't wait to hear about it.

BigHappyFamily said...

Good Luck with your marathon. You've put in the work ... you'll get the results.

Marlene said...

I am so excited for you! LOVE seeing the race on your plan for the week. You've got this!!!

Great news about pacing (you'll be perfect!) and a potential PT client too!

christina said...

congrats on your first client!

Im so excited yet so nervous for my first marathon... shamrock here I come!

Alyssa said...

That is so exciting that you're going to be a pacer!! Just the fact that you're consciously thinking about how you'll pull your runners through is nice! The pace will be fine for you, so you really don't need to be worried since your charming personality will cover the other half of the job responsibility. :) I relied on a pacer once, and he didn't say anthing until the very last second when I made a break for it. I just know you'll be a peppy and positive pacer!

AND SWEEEEEET about your client at the Y! You have so much to be excited about!!

Aron said...

RACE WEEEEEEEK!!! You are so so so ready! No doubts, just confidence all the way :)

Kiley said...

Good luck on your upcomoing marathon! and congrats on your first client. I am studying to get certified...so I can't empathize with your nervousness YET. I'll be in that boat soon (hopefully!)

N.D. said...

good luck on sunday! very exciting!

Iron Mike said...

While the taper might drive you crazy, your body must be loving this week's mileage!
Congrats on your first client. There's really nobody better than you to guide her through marathon training (and introduce her to the term BQ)!

Anonymous said...

See you soon :)

Bethany + Ryan said...

you are SO ready!! good luck! can't wait to hear how you do! :-)