Before I get to the winner of the Races2Remember giveaway, I have to bitch, complain, feel sorry for myself. I woke up yesterday feeling a little off with a sore throat. I immediately ran to the store and stocked up on cold-eeze and vitamin C drops. I never take these things and don't believe they do a thing but I was desperate with Shamrock only a few days away. I spent the day sucking down the drops and praying this was all in my head. Well, unfortunately, this is not taper madness. I had a fever last night, feel like I'm still running a low one now, and have been hit with the sweat and chills. The chills were so bad last night that I couldn't control my body shaking. Thankfully I got a good night sleep but still woke up with a killer headache and body aches. I'm on the couch throwing back thera-flu and plan to sleep the day away. Definitely not the way I like to spend the week before a marathon, but if nothing else, it's just more rest. I don't really have an appetite but I'm forcing myself to eat and I'm drinking a lot of water. I hate, HATE orange juice but Andy just picked some up for me and I'm choking it down like a good girl.
I'm really frustrated because I've been sick more since April than I have over the past few years combined. It's all since I started my new job. We're tucked away in a small secured area, no windows, no air flow and no ventilation. It's absolutely gross and germs just go from person to person. Andy, if you're reading this, maybe I shouldn't work anymore. It's clearly not good for my health.
Ok, now for a winner, randomly picked by Andy as he was dropping off OJ and soup on his way into work. Comment #28...Sara from Words to Run By. Sara, email me at dclaffey76@yahoo.com.
Weather for Sunday in VA beach: partly cloudy, with a high of 53. Sounds perfect!!! 4 days to go!
11 comments:
Sounds flu like :( Stinks. Hope you feel better soon. You still have some time.
You know you're sick because your immune system was down from the height of your training.. no worries. Chalk this up as a def rest! You're going to rock your race!!!!!!!
Ah man...rest up and get better!
Glad you are resting up and doing all the right things to get better. You WILL be okay by this weekend!!!
OH MY GOSH! Thank you SOOOO much! I am super excited about winning the band! Thank you for hosting this giveaway. I truly hope you start to feel better soon. You'll be back on your feet again in no time. :)
Ugh, I'm sorry you've been hit. Sounds similar to what I had last week - the plus side was that the fever didn't last more than 36 hours and other than a still-persisting cough, I was generally better within a few days. Keep downing that theraflu!
what a great blog, newest follower :)
sorry you are sick, that's never fun. But let me say that your blog is SO motivating! I have been working out for a long time now, but recently decided I wanna be a RUNNER! Ha, may be a crazy dream but this running blogging community is INSANE...so large and inspirational!
Stop by if you get a chance,
http://letsmoveitmommas.blogspot.com
You must already know what I'm going to write...
...but in case you've forgotten...
POMEGRANATE JUICE ;D
So glad you're on the up and up, and I bet you ANYTHING all this rest is going to be great for your ankle, leg, knee, lungs, and pretty much everything else. :) I don't think you could have picked a better time to get sick -- but I also don't object to the thought of you not working so it doesn't happen anymore. :)
You are doing right thing by resting. It is amazing how the body will heal itself when it gets the right amount of rest.
Good luck!!!
glad to see you posted this morning that you are feeling some better!
Post a Comment