I headed down to the Expo today. I drove along part of the course and again tried to visualize race day. I know exactly what part will be toughest for me and I'm going to be prepared with a lot of positive thoughts for when I hit that part of the course. I already started laying out some stuff for race day and will have myself all set and ready to go tomorrow morning so there's nothing left to worry about. I'm still a tad nervous right now, but I'm also really excited. The weather is looking great with the low Saturday night around 40 and Sunday being sunny and 57. I am still planning on wearing my tights and a long sleeve shirt (probably my Kicked Asphalt shirt from Philly last year) since I'm always freezing. I also bought a pair of water resistant gloves at the Expo. If they work well, I'll be sure to let you know about them.
The Expo itself was just so so, nothing spectacular. But I'm really happy with the shirt we got this year, love the color. And instead of a big plastic bag, we got a mesh goodie bag, which was nice. I also stopped by the pace group table to see who the 3:40 pace leader was. Turns out it was the person manning the booth and I got to meet him. His name is Scott and we have a hot date Sunday morning at 7am!
My bib is 3895 and there's a link at the Philly marathon homepage to sign up to track runners for those who are interested!!
I hope the next time you hear from me I'll be celebrating a BQ!! Thanks for all your wonderful comments and support, they mean so much to me! xoxo
32 comments:
Good luck! I hope you have a great race!!!
Love the shirt! We'll be thinking about you and sending BQ thoughts!
Good luck! You are totally going to rock it!
yay, can't wait to get my shirt! Good luck on Sunday!! I'm hoping for a BQ myself.
Good luck this weekend!!!
How exciting! Good luck & have fun!
Whoo hoo! You're gonna rock it! So excited for you!
Very cool shirt and bag! :)
Good luck Denise!! I will stalk you for sure! :)
Awesome shirt! Here's to you and Scott and your miraculous date!!!
I love the shirt! I also love runner stalking/tracking!! Best of luck to you-Can't wait to hear about your awesome BQ!
Good luck! Hopefully we will be crossing the finish line around the same time :) Thanks for the preview of the shirt. I'm heading down tomorrow.
GOOD LUCK And HiGH FIVE..
Hugs and find a way to curb the nerves...relaxed running is the best way to go..
yay! i was at the expo today too and picked up my stuff! i love the shirt too! good luck on sunday! maybe ill see you at the startline!
I cant wait to get the shirt!!! I love it!!! I am still planning to wear long sleeves too, although I am back and forth between capris or shorts. I will probably be anal and wear capris but bring shorts and make a last minute decision.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Good Luck! Your going to do great!
have a wonderful 7am first date with Scott! I have my fingers crossed for you! The shirt is awesome!
aren't the bibs and shirts fun! I love how they have our names on them ! I am totally the opposite in that I don't want to drive or run the course. I want to be surprised on race day! (as if I haven't ran it before 2x). My legs felt heavy too - its the taper. Excitement! you are going to do great!
Good luck and have a fabulous race!
The bags and shirts look great this year! I'm totally missing out! I'll have to steal J's bag :)
You're going to do great! I'll be out there cheering for you. Good luck! BQ baby!!!
Good luck with your race Don't try to overanalyze. You've trained. Now trust your training and just do it!
Oh I'm excited that the bibs have our names on them! I didn't want to write on my shirt so yay!
Good luck on Sunday! I'll be sure to say hi if I see you...I'll be somewhere around 3:30-3:40-ish, I hope!
Good luck! I'm feeling the BQ 4u! I'll do my best to stalk/follow you. I love the shirt you have. I've gotten some lame race shirts. Looks like yours is a keeper.
Good luck! You are going to do great!
Yay, Denise! Have a GREAT time! I'm sending you lots and lots of BQ vibes (not that you need them, because I know you're gonna do it!!).
Have fun!
Good Luck, you'll be fantastic!!!
Good luck, trust the journey!
I love the shirts, too - can't wait to wear it on Monday!
The weather should be perfect!! The perfect day to BQ! Run strong!
Good luck!!! I love the shirt. Something I can wear with jeans and it won't look soooo dorky :-)
Just catching up with my bloggy reading...I hope the race is going awesome! Can't wait to read your race report.
Congrats on your BQ!!!! I am SO bummed that this year's race is closed - it would have been great to meet up in Boston. Regardless, you did awesome and I can't wait to read the report!
Awesome job Denise!! I just checked your time! Boston 2011!!!
Post a Comment